July 2012 Weddings
Options

A few DIYs completed (PIP)

I have been busy this month with a lot of DIY projects, but just finally uploaded the pics to my computer so I thought I'd share! I desined everything in Keynote (Mac's version of PowerPoint) and used a lot of free fonts that I thought would go with our 1930s theme.

I Spy Signs... printed this double-sided so they can be displayed standing on the tables. Made a stand out of floral wire.

Paper straws with drink flags.  I printed and cut them out and glued to the straws. I plan to use them at the cocktail hour, displayed at the bar in mason jars.

The pink flags have a little mustache and the gray flags have pink lips. Both say "Enjoy!" on the opposite side. I also have some pink straws, so I plan to mix them up.

Thank You signs for photoprops. The design matches our invitations.

I'm his Mrs. and I'm her Mr. photoprops. The design matches reply cards, menus, and other paper-related items we'll be making.

I'm sorry some of the pics are blurry or sideways!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A few DIYs completed (PIP)

• Options
    Those look awesome! That's such a great idea to use the wire as a stand.

Anniversary
  • Options
    That looks great!

How does the stand... well, stand? I can't see it very well, did you attach it to something?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

They all look great! I was thinking of buying the Mr. and Mrs. signs, you have just inspired me to try to make my own.

Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Wow, you've done good!  I love the typography!
  • Options
    It all looks awesome! Where did you get your straws?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ahh everything looks amazing! Good job girl!

Btw, I think you've got some of us with the DIY wire stand. I've been trying to figure out making a stand myself for a while now lol. Do you have a tutorial or link you could post? Pretty please? lol :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

The wire stand is just made of the same floral wire I used to make my BM hangers. I took a piece of wire and looped it around four times. Then I bent the top two layers of the loops upwards 90 degrees. Then I inserted the sign between the first and second loop.

It's kind of hard to explain, but it's really easy to do. If you have any floral wire, just play with it for a few mins and you'll figure it out. Here is a picture of one from the side. Hope this helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Meagan, I got the straws from BHLDN (anthropologie's wedding site), but I wish I had shopped around first. I think I paid about $6 for 25, but now I have seen them cheaper online elsewhere. Just search "paper straws" in google and you should find them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How fun!!!  They look great!
  • Options
    Ok I will be making that wire stand FOR SURE!! Thanks Bmore!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_diys-completed-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b6655e0a-9d07-4173-9357-dd06f3caa12fPost:efa0cf4e-d37e-436e-8323-3cdae08c9f57">Re: A few DIYs completed (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok I will be making that wire stand FOR SURE!! Thanks Bmore!!
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! They are fast to make and cheap! I think a $3 roll of wire makes about 12, so that's $0.25 each.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great job... I LOVE the the little stands you made!  I may have to steal that idea!  The straws are super cute, too.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards