Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Bridal Show help

I am attending the Wendy's and Sharonville Bridal shows in January and wanted to know if there are any suggestions about what to do, questions to ask and which traps should I avoid. I was told to bring lots of adress stickers, because all the vendors want your information and writing your name and address 500 times is rediculous.

Thanks Ang.

Re: Bridal Show help

• Options
    There is a company that sells some sort of cookware, don't fall for them, they sell your information. Make sure to stay with companies you know are legit, we made a loop before we fill out anything or things like that so we knew what was there.
  • Options
    Sharonville show is small and a waste of time IMO
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My best advice and I don't mean for this to come off snooty is to NOT go! Honestly, it was an incredible waste of time and I think a lot of other brides would agree. I went ot a couple last year and it was insane. Just waaaaay too many people, especially the brides who feel it necessary to bring their ENTIRE wedding party along with parents, etc. If you desperately want to go, go alone and just walk through collecting their printed information and get the heck out of there. Do NOT sign up for anything as you will be pestered for a LONG time, long after the wedding. Just, yea, good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think the shows are worth going to. You only get to be a bride once (hopefully!) so why not? They are crowded and a tad crazy but I enjoy them.  I def agree with the address stickers.  My other piece of advice is make a new email just for wedding stuff, because you will get TONS of email and it is a lifesaver to be able to keep them all separate from your normal email.  Don't let the vendors pressure you into anything. Talk to them, take their pamphlets, tell them you will be in contact when you make your decision. Enjoy yourself!
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • Options
    stay away from the smarttravel booth. you will win a cruise and then have to sit through a high pressure "not" a time-share sales pitch to claim it. then you still have to pay for it. I find the bridal shows helpful in narrowing down vendors if they are rude to you at a bridal show they will be rude to you when you are a customer. If its your first time be prepared to feel overwhelmed. just take info from vendors you are truly interested in. If you already have a photographer don't bother talking to the photographers etc. I agree with pp make a seperate wedding email address you will recieve a lot of junk emails forever. good luck have fun enjoy the fashion shows and eat cake. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards