Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Weight loss help

I'm trying to lose 50lbs before my wedding and I'm doing weight watchers but with all the treats around the office and long hours its very difficult. How do you fight the urge to snack on the sweets!! I'm hoping trying on dresses will motivate me to get it in gear but I'm worried it won't! What did you all do?

Re: Weight loss help

• Options
    andrearae0620andrearae0620 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gum! I keep it with me and when I'm tempted, I pop a piece in. Sounds silly but really does help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This time of year can be so hard. Drink tons of water, keep cut up veggies in a baggie on your desk well within reach. Just keep reminding yourself of how you want to look on  your wedding day. I knew trying on dresses would motivate me, because I despise trying on clothes when I don't feel good about myself. You deserve to enjoy that moment so do whatever it takes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I lost 25 pounds since Sept. and I did so by doing a number of  things.  One, I avoid the common "kitchen" or lunch room area of work where I know the snacks are located.  I also bring plenty of food and snacks to work with me to eat throughout the day. I eat every 2.5-3 hours and drink a least a gallon of water a day.  After doing all that, I really don't want the junk food that's in there.  I allow myself snacks like that on the holiday like this past Thanksgiving I had a peice of pie.  My birthday was also this month and instead of eating cake, I had a cupcake.  This Christmas, I will have a small sweet snack but not pig out all day. 

It's also a good idea to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio EVERY day.  do anything,....video, walk steps at office at work, go to gym, walk the dog, walk in the mall...

Believe me, I was  a size 22 bridal before starting and 207 pounds...I have dropped to size 10-12 bridal...be consistent and  you can do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards