Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

DIY Invitations

FI and I are looking to print our own invitations, and by this, I mean that we designed our own invitations and are now looking for a local printer. So I need some advice from anyone who has done DIY invitations or has any recommendations of printers in the area.

We are obviously aware of the chains like Staples and Kinko's, but we were hoping for something more reliable.

Also, where are some good places to buy the kind of paper we would need to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: DIY Invitations

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing the exact route you're describing.  Our paper came from Cards and Pockets.  We're also not sure which printer to go to yet.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about MinuteMan.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im getting my paper from paperandmore.com
    My dad works for a copy machine company and is going to print them for us on one of their fancy printers so I cant help you there...but paperandmore.com has really great prices and nice paper.

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Minuteman - especially the Colerain location. I did our stationary (all of it) but I work in the printing industry, so I had an advantage there and didn't have to use a local shop, but I did get some estimates from Kinko's and MMP and MMP was way cheaper!

Paper - paperandmore.com they have great prices and you can order samples for just $1

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    flpr2005flpr2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are doing the exact same thing! I was quiet please at how easy it was to design the invitation and program but now I'm playing the where to print game too. I plan to order from paperandmore though because it seemed they had some of the best prices and has come highly recommended on the boards.

I'll be taking a look at MinuteMan and be keeping an eye out here for more suggestions.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about papersource.com too.
  • Options
    Smyle11Smyle11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies. I will look into Minuteman, but we live in NKY, so if anyone knows of a good location a bit closer to home, that would be amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also in NKY and Minuteman has a lot of locations....theres one right off Buttermilk Pk.
    http://www.minutemanpress.com/store_finder.html

You can also request a quote through their website so you know ahead of time of what it will cost you.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Paperandmore.com and Cardsandpockets are both really great. I think Paperandmore is a little bit cheaper and they are so fast! I ordered and they had it packed and shipped out within hours! They are located in California I believe so it just takes a few days for the shipping. I just ordered my first batch from Cardsandpockets.com so I am not sure about the quality but everyone raves about them. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have good luck with minutemen at all, but I've heard others have.  I think I actually still have a blog post up about our DIY invitations - you can see it here:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards