July 2012 Weddings

Date Ideas

So now that we're all old married ladies - what do you guys do for "date night"?

Ricardo and I try to have fun every chance we get - but sometimes a planned date is a much needed mood booster.

We do movies and dinner A LOT - so I'm trying to think of some new fun date ideas.

I'm having major cases of wanderlust - so I need something to distract me. :p
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Date Ideas

• I'm basically on the same boat as Schatzi.  On a typical day (not during the summer) hubby leaves the house between 7-9; I have a weird schedule and usually get home around 10pm which obviously leaves verylttle  time for us so at the weekend we usually want to sit around the house, cook or order something in and watch movies.  And ditto, dinner with friends or with his fam. 

When it's cold enough you should go ice skating.  I think that's a fun date|  Or there's probably an indoor rink somewhere and you can go now!
    weddingcake-1
  • We also dont really do date night, never have.  However as our wedding gift my sister payed for 12 dates for us, one for each month for the first year of Marriage.  Our August date was a dolphin watching tour.  The gift also includes some wine tours.. dinner gift cards.. October is a gift card for a local orchard that we can pick pumpkins and go on hay rides for September we have tickets for a baseball game. (If pro games are expenive check out to see if you have a minor leage team in your area!)  You can also try putt-putt, Go Carts, Paint Ball. Another great place to get date ideas is groupon and living social. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_date-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b79373c6-ddd6-482a-96d1-2e6feebd9289Post:d959833e-a998-4339-9337-506840fd53ab">Re: Date Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]We also dont really do date night, never have.  However as our wedding gift my sister payed for 12 dates for us, one for each month for the first year of Marriage.  Our August date was a dolphin watching tour.  The gift also includes some wine tours.. dinner gift cards.. October is a gift card for a local orchard that we can pick pumpkins and go on hay rides for September we have tickets for a baseball game. (If pro games are expenive check out to see if you have a minor leage team in your area!)  You can also try putt-putt, Go Carts, Paint Ball. Another great place to get date ideas is groupon and living social. 
    Posted by colleenm18[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, that is an awesome gift!!</div><div>
    </div><div>We rarely do date nights, either. We try to go to dinner together when we get a chance, but he works Wed-Sat (long, weird hours) and I work Mon-Fri, so really, Sundays are the only days we get a chance to spend much time together! We are going to the beach tomorrow, but his parents are coming too lol (I like them coming though, they can watch our stuff on the beach while we go in the ocean!)</div>
    imageAnniversary
  • We love date night (or day on weekends) we went to the zoo week before last, mini putting on Friday. But harvest starts soon so we won't really have much date time for 2 months. So then it's the little things like putting chocolates in his work bag or using our 'I love you because...' board that I made after finding it on pinterest. In the winter time we like checking out the science centre, movies, dinner n movie dates @ home. Check out: http://wearethatfamily.com/2012/02/wfmw-200-date-night-ideas/ Or http://www.lifeinthegreenhouse.com/2012/02/date-night-in-jar.html Or Put 'date night ideas' into the pinterest search :)
    Anniversary
  • We go on walks around the city a lot. We try to explore a new neighborhood at least once a month. We also like to go to museums, especially b/c most of them are free in London. I would suggest just doing some research on your city and try to find cool things that neither of you have done (plays, museums, exotic restaurants, etc.). Doing something that is new to both of you can make the date seem a lot more special.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We love to plan "dates" for us. Buying activities to do on Groupon are always fun and lets you try something you normally wouldn't think to do. We have done wine tasting, horse races, champagne brunches, zoo, horseback riding, hot air balloon ride, deep sea fishing etc.  H and I love to go bowling too :-)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards