July 2012 Weddings
Options

WTF Wednesday!

Re: WTF Wednesday!

• Options
    I need to get out (still sick) and get some paperwork done. I don't want to. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Why can't I find a bookshelf I don't have to attach to a wall to get to stand up! I wouldn't be this frustrated but it took us almost 2 hours to put together one from target only to have it be falling down. Onward to Ikea today...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have till Friday to pay the deposit on the venue and we're still waiting on a deal to close.  I hate commercial real estate!  They are as bad as the flippin government in how long they take to do anything.  You would think in an industry where everyone is paid via commission only that they would work harder to get things done.  I'm also battling another kidney infection (third one since the beginning of the year) and it makes doing our morning walk and my toning workout difficult, but I'm stuck at this weight and can't seem to get past it so I'm going to press on.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am so, so, so cranky today! We had snow yesterday and we shoveled part of our driveway so we'd be able to get out this morning. We have a very long driveway.

Well guess what? It took me 20 minutes to get out of our driveway this morning! They don't plow the county roads at all until like 3 days after it snows. It doesn't help that we get a lot of snow drifts on these roads!

Oh and our lovely dog thought it'd be a good idea to bark his head off before it was time to wake up. FI's alarm went off again after he got out of the bed- he pushed snooze (he gets up at 5:45 while I get up an hour later).

I almost gave up and walked back to the house this morning. Right now I am pouting in my classroom with the door closed. I don't want to see people today.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was at the gym this morning and some in-shape PITA girl comes in, with headphones on and asks if she can turn down the tv, then proceeds to turn it down to an inaudible level.  Excuse me bi*ch, I was there since 5 o' clock with nobody else in there, turn your dang music up instead. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    I actually don't have anything to vent about, then again it is still early :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    i am having a mini freak out about our number of guests.  i know we shouldn't have invited more guests that we could budget for, but we assumed there would be lots that couldn't come.  so far, i only know of ONE couple who can't come (the girl who texted about the kenny chesney concert a few weeks ago).  everyone else we have heard from is ecstatic and planning to come.  we had hoped to be around 200 budget-wise....and we invited 256. i am grateful and in awe of how many out of town friends are making travel arrangements, so don't misunderstand my vent - i am just nervous about $$.  yikes trikes.  luckily we are under budget for invitations and cake and planning to do a lot of vistaprinting for things that we had budgeted extra money for....i am just nervousssss. 
  • Options
    OMG JOB SEARCH = WTF of the week for me. We found about 5 or 6 houses in my dream area which could be absolutely perfect and are well within our budget but I am so so so nervous about going forward before I have a job even though FI said that several of them he could comfortably finance on his own until I got something. Still trying to decide if I'm being really really silly to even go look or if I'm being smart and we should just jump for something affordable and trust that he'll truly be able to handle it until I get something either a school counseling job or bite the bullet and take a job out of my field but that is a more sure thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mekiakoo - You poor thing! I would be cranky, too. :(

Butterfly - I totally hear you. I'm absolutely freaking out about the number of people. Not only because of budget, but because of space. The estate where we're having the reception comfortably seats about 175, but can hold 250 if necessary. When we visited last weekend, I saw how it would look with 175 and I was like, We BETTER NOT go over 175! People will be squished at the tables! I haven't heard either way from people whether they are coming, but I am praying that like 50 people say no. NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THEM! But because of budget/space issues. Our guest list is at 220 right now. And don't get me started on inviting 220 people to a morning-after brunch! It's Reception Take 2!

My actual WTF for today is WTF IS WRONG WITH ME THAT I CAN'T COMPOSE A FREAKIN RSVP. I think I finally came up with something that works but it literally took me 2 hours. I am bridezilla on steroids lately and it has to stop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Shitty job is still shitty.  I'm PMSing SO BAD right now.  I've lost all motivation for wedding planning.

want.to.go.back.to.bed.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b824c632-e52c-4938-8431-153e085a59f0Post:84cf26b3-8b2d-4908-a21c-94250396761f">Re: WTF Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]mekiakoo - You poor thing! I would be cranky, too. :( Butterfly - I totally hear you. <strong>I'm absolutely freaking out about the number of people. Not only because of budget, but because of space.</strong> The estate where we're having the reception comfortably seats about 175, but can hold 250 if necessary. When we visited last weekend, I saw how it would look with 175 and I was like, We BETTER NOT go over 175! People will be squished at the tables! I haven't heard either way from people whether they are coming, but I am praying that like 50 people say no. NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THEM! But because of budget/space issues. Our guest list is at 220 right now. And don't get me started on inviting 220 people to a morning-after brunch! It's Reception Take 2! My actual WTF for today is WTF IS WRONG WITH ME THAT I CAN'T COMPOSE A FREAKIN RSVP. I think I finally came up with something that works but it literally took me 2 hours. I am bridezilla on steroids lately and it has to stop.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Same here.... Our ceremony can hold 250 but our reception can only hold 220. We are sending out 253 invites, but a lot of them are "polite" invites (what is the word??)- we already know that those people will not be able to make it. But that still leaves us a bit over 220 and I'm starting to get nervous. I'm just not going to think about it and I will panic when I need to. Just not now!
  • Options
    i am so glad i am not the only one panicking about having too many accepting RSVPs! lucily, our reception is in a MASSIVE ballroom (like, its so big, we are only using 1/3 of it for our reception), so they could open more pieces up for us if we needed it.  we really only budgeted for 200 tops....so it looks like we are going to end up spending more than planned!

oh and for WTF #2 of the day - i met a Colts runningback at Starbucks this morning. he smiled, said hi, leaned over, saw my engagement ring, made a face, then leaned the other way and stared at my a** for about 30 seconds. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b824c632-e52c-4938-8431-153e085a59f0Post:909b6d64-a52b-44ae-aa0c-0ea3a3512011">Re: WTF Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am so glad i am not the only one panicking about having too many accepting RSVPs! lucily, our reception is in a MASSIVE ballroom (like, its so big, we are only using 1/3 of it for our reception), so they could open more pieces up for us if we needed it.  we really only budgeted for 200 tops....so it looks like we are going to end up spending more than planned! oh and for WTF #2 of the day - <strong>i met a Colts runningback at Starbucks this morning. he smiled, said hi, leaned over, saw my engagement ring, made a face, then leaned the other way and stared at my a** for about 30 seconds</strong>. 
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Uh wow.... So rude!
  • Options
    My WTF is I'm totally stressed at work and at home and I feel like I'm on the verge of breakdown but am getting pulled in a million directions.  I'm also really sleep deprieved which is not helping anything either!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards