Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Hotel Ballroom Suggestions

I was looking at hotel ballrooms in the Covington/ Cincinnati area.  I think that they are the best value for our money! Does anyone have any reviews or thoughts about radisson cincinnati riverfront, hilton netherland plaza or any other nice venues?

Re: Hotel Ballroom Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Radisson and the Hilton are on the extreme opposite ends.  The Hilton is gorgeous, but expensive.  The Embassy in KY is pretty.  The Westin has a neat layout if you're willing to work with it.  The Radisson got a really bad review recently as a hotel (bedbugs).  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does it HAVE to be a hotel?  Because the Grand in Covingtonn has the most beautiiful ballroom I've ever seen.  One whole wall is floor-to-ceiling (2-story) windows and the other three walls are a wrap-around balcony overlooking the entire room.  If we didn't already have our site confirmed, I'd jump on the Grand. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Hilton.  It is absolutely gorgeous and everyone was amazing to work with.  I have nothing but great things to say!  It does get pretty pricey though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've booked Embassy Suites Rivercenter as my venue. Been workin' with Shannon - and she and the venue are fabulous. Now - my guest list is small - so we're using the city-view ballroom  which has an amazing view of the city for our afternoon wedding.

I'm not sure what their larger room looks like - but they are great to work with so far. :o)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The Hilton is absolutely gorgeous but as everyone else stated its a little pricey. I was quoted around 17,000 for a smaller room there and that only included food and the space. I am getting married at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati and so far they are great and very reasonable priced. The Westin is also a good choice. There staff was very friendly and they have a gorgeous view of fountain square for pics :).

• Options
    BluEyedColBluEyedCol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married next August at the Hyatt Regency. So far, so good! I had an awful experience with the Westin (they stood me up for my tour, I had to wait for half an hour in the lobby, and didn't get an apology until I brought it to their attention five days later) - that said, I have heard that that type of service is not typical for the Westin.  The Hyatt has been very flexible and the ballroom is gorgeous (and big!). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding in downtown Cincinnati. They have a massive ballroom but not a hotel...my friend said it rented for 2000 and she just had to bring everything in. I thought that was pretty reasonable. Their wedding was 200-220 ppl or so. It's called The Center...maybe this could be an alternative?

http://www.thecentercincinnati.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at the Hilton - nothing could beat this beautiful space! As everyone else said, all of the staff are incredible to work with. They do have a minimum requirement for their ballrooms, but there are lots of discounts if you are "off-season" or considering a Friday/Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards