July 2012 Weddings

When are you going to have babies???!!

I turned 33 during our honeymoon so time is not on my side unfortunately :) we have already started trying and I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Re: When are you going to have babies???!!

• I'm 29 and starting now :) Good luck to you, Shelby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Don't marry the person you can live with, marry the person you can't live without."
  • I'm 32 (although I've decided to not  to count this year cause my b-day was the day after the wedding and I didn't really feel it)..  We're going to wait one or two years.  But we're both kind of like if kids happen great if not that's fine, too. 

Good luck girls!
    weddingcake-1
  • Aw good luck to you too!!!
  • We are not having kids. We are both 31 but have children from previous relationships. My daughter is 11 and his son is 6. We are looking to buy a house and have more furbabies. Lol. 
  • Good luck, girls!

I'm 27 and we are waiting to try at the one year mark, at this point. Things could change, and we're only using condoms, and not being super careful lol I'd like to have our first by the time I'm 30, but to be pregnant when I turn 30 would be ok too.
    imageAnniversary
  • We're both in the mindset of when it happens it happens and we"ll go from there.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Good luck to all of you TTC!! I'm probably going to stop taking BCP about a year from now. I want to be off of it for a few months before TTC. Then, maybe we will start trying within 1.5 - 2 years. Our goal right now is to buy a place  within the next year, then start working on babies :) 
    imageAnniversary
  • We both just turned 27 so we are going to wait a bit, we bought a house 2.5 years ago and are about to start a house build so we want to be in the next before babies. Year of 30 is our intended preggo year :) I can't wait tho hehe I've told DH that I'm going to have baby fever before then and he's going to have to remind me that I want to wait lol
    Anniversary
  • We are concentrating on saving for a home first.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I turn 30 in January. We are thinking of next summer to start trying. I will need some cocktails on my 30th bday and would also like to be able to drink during our 1st anniversary.
    Good luck to all you ladies!!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • About 7-10 years...but I'm 23, and he's in medical school so it's not in the cards for us right now.  Nor would it be condusive to raise a child in the environment/schedule we live in.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
  • We're both thinking 2-4 years.  We want to have some married us time (we haven't even been together 2 years...)

On a side note - have people started asking you this yet?  Even before the wedding, one of his cousins started in on this and all I can think is "REALLY?!?! Let us enjoy getting married  before you start hounding in on our personal business".
  • H is 32, I'll be 30 next month. We're moving in February so we'll start trying next summer after our anniversary. We want to be settled in our new house before we try.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_when-are-you-going-to-have-babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b8985922-cbe5-4c29-98fe-a83aea06be42Post:2763fde7-e000-4864-9a9d-c918155ac38b">Re: When are you going to have babies???!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're both thinking 2-4 years.  We want to have some married us time (we haven't even been together 2 years...) On a side note - have people started asking you this yet?  Even before the wedding, one of his cousins started in on this and all I can think is "REALLY?!?! Let us enjoy getting married  before you start hounding in on our personal business".
    Posted by KatieK501[/QUOTE]

I have had more people ask me about babies than I have about our wediding! I find it extremely rude to have so many people ask you such a personal decision and question like it's nothing. Even when we are "trying" I won't be letting people know. We are placing offers on houses right now and will hopefully be in a house by the end of the year latest. I would not have a kid until we are settled in a house. I am super excited to be able to plan a decorate a baby's room one day. I need something new on Pinterest to look at since the wedding has passed. I know I want a baby...but the thought that we are married now and it's becoming more of a reality freaks.me.out!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We want to start trying in October.  I just went off of BCP and I am now starting to chart to get to know my body and make sure I ovulate after going off of the pill.  I am 30 and my hubby will be 31 next month so we want to get started right away :)  We have a wedding in October at the beginning of the month so we will start to try after that.

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm 24 and he's 26 so probably not for another 5 years or so, if ever. We haven't decided 100% either way, but we def. are not trying anytime soon. We just moved into our new house and would like to spend time alone as a married couple travelling and what not for a few years (:
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • My MIL was the first to ask this question to me when we were alone. Her reasoning behind it was she saw some good sales on baby stuff an wanted to pick some stuff up. My response back to her I think took her by surprise. 

My fiance and I have talked about having a baby but have had some different views on them. He was wants 5 kids and wants to start right away and if it was up to him we probably would have already had a baby by now. My feelings are, I would like was to wait a year or two. We have not lived together and he will be moving in with me from his parents house, so he never really lived on his own. I feel that we need time to just be us! 

Also, the selfish side of me is that I don't want 5 kids maybe 2 at the most, but I know we can think about more after the first. Another thing that I don't want to happen is me being "reasonable" and the solo caregiver like happened with our dog. I know I'm being selfish, but I feel at this time, I would be the one and only one waking up for the 3am feedings and doing everything for the baby and I'm just not ready for that, I think it would not be good for anyone in the family.

Anyway, fiance understands that we need us time and time to be just us and MIL gave me a weird look when I told her "No, we will be waiting for a little while, so we can be just us."
  • NOW! haha.

TTC immediately after the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 29 and my husband is 33. We are going to wait until we purchase our first home and then not try, but not prevent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards