Utah

International Peace Gardens

Has anyone had their ceremony/reception at the International Peace Gardens? I came across their website this morning and have fallen in love! I couldn't find any information on pricing, availability, etc. through their website or on google. All I could find was some amazing photography that was taken place there. If anyone could offer up some information on the Peace Gardens, I would very much appreciate it! Thank you!

Re: International Peace Gardens

• MrsOpieMrsOpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's a public park so I would contact the city about using the park.
  • edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding there, but I have visited it.  I'd suggest you visit it first before you plan to hold a wedding there.  The park itself is cool, but it's open to the public and I don't know if they'd close it for a wedding.  It's also in a bad area of town.  It's well maintained, and I've never heard of anything happening in the Peace Gardens, but the neighborhoods surrounding it are notorious for gang activities.  They do have a parking lot, but it's not patrolled or anything.  My fiance's car has been stolen twice and wound up in that neighborhood, so I'm probably just unnecessarily paranoid, but still.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. i looked at the peace gardens and while it has some very nice areas within, the surrounding neighborhoods, parking lots and other areas are a little sketchy and rundown. check it out and see what you think, but as far as having a ceremony/reception there, it might not be what you expected. gatting bridals or photos done there could be fun but to have an event might not be what you have in mind for your special day. good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards