Utah

Difficult Bridesmaid

I have asked my really close cousin to be one of my bridesmaids.  We are the same age and I understand she's a busy person, but every time I try to set up an appointment for the girls to go try on dresses, she can't go on the days or times I try to set up.  Just this week I gave her two upcoming days and times as options. She picked one of them and two days later she scheduled something else in it's place.  So I went ahead and made an appointment for everyone after confirming with her the day would work, and now she's messaging me saying she has a flight that dosn't ocme in until an hour and a half after the appt.  I'm starting to get frustrated and don't knnow what to do.  I'm not going to cancel the appt I made, but I don't know if she's going to go in by herself to try on dresses.
This is abot the 5th time she hasn't been able to attend.
Any advice on how to handle this?!

Re: Difficult Bridesmaid

• edited December 2011
    That's always a rough situation to be in.  I think the best thing to do is to keep the appointment that you've made with your other bridesmaids.  Go and pick out a couple of dresses, colors, and styles that you all like.  Get the girls measurements done by a professional seamstress while you are out.  Then, set up a time to go with your cousin to see the dresses that your other bridesmaids liked.  Have her measured during that trip too.  Then see what she likes within the choices that your other bridesmaids already selected.  That way, everyone gets a say, you get all the info that you need, and you can tell everyone later which one you/they decided on and have them order/buy it.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards