Utah

Reception ideas-- sites? Castle?

i2012doi2012do member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hi!
I've written here a few times, but this board seems to be a little more active than usual ...

I am getting married in Rhode Islandand having a large reception here-- with the ceremony.

however, some guests have expressed that they can't make it out here due to the cost...

So we are going to hve a 2nd reception for these 25-30 people in utah.

My fiance says he loves the Castle i think its in Layton, His family is from Clinton area.

Do you have any other spaces that you can recommend. I wanted to do heavy hor dourves.. and cocktails.. probably just beer and wine-- no sit down dinner. No dj or anything. Just a few hours so we can celebrate with these people.

I want somehting close to a hotel because my parents are going to come out for it.

That's about it I guess that I need
I want to keep the costs SIGNIFCANTLY LOW like between $5000 and $6000 for the entire thing...
help!
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Reception ideas-- sites? Castle?

• edited December 2011

The castle is beautiful... You should also look into the union station in Ogden. We're getting married at Ivy Lane in Ogden, Its a mansion and is beautiful for something like this!

Are you looking in SLC at all?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to be getting married in at the Castle. it sounds like that would be a perfect place for you its almost right across the street from some hotels.

Good luck with everything :)
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Tuscany Gardens in Roy Aug. 2009. Beautiful, unique place that's definitely in your price range. I personally wasn't impressed with the Castle because they allow two events the same night which totally threw me off...I don't want to share lol!
  • edited December 2011

Hey :) I think you should consider a nice restaurant instead.. they allow you to just have appetizers and dessert at most places. Tuscany is incredible, look into them :)

• i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls, just checked out Tuscany and Ivy Lane.
    I think fiance's friend just got married at Ivy lane, I was looking at her photos online.
    I actualyl think the fountain patio at the union station is just what I am looking for!

I didn't think about SLC. Any reccomendations there? Even for a restaurant?
    I know I have been to trolley sq. and I wonder if there are any restaurants around there?
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards