Utah

Let's get this board moving!!!!!!!

Hello My Fellow Utah ladies! In an effort to livin' things up around here I think we should introduce ourselves. No names (unless your open to your first name).

My name is Rissa I live in Tooele. I am getting married on September 10th of this year! 39 days and counting! I was just searching on the internet for bridal forums and I found this site and it has since then become my addiction! FI and I have been together 4 and a half years now. I am not having the typical Utah temple wedding but I am doing the small ceremony big reception type of thing which I feel is very very common here.

So let's hear it ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's get this board moving!!!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I think this board struggles because of a) the short engagment period of many Utahns, and b) the extremely simple nature of weddings and receptions here (basic and cheap invites, no dinner, no ceremony, reception in a cultural hall, etc.)  Maybe there's just not a lot to ask advice about.

Anyway, I'm getting married on September 24.  My FI and I have known each other for 5 years as of this week.  I'm having a ceremony and reception up in the canyon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi gals!  I live in SLC and am getting married sometime next spring or summer.  I'm still trying to figure out the venue, but hopefully that will happen in the next week or so.  My fiance and I have been together 4 1/2 years.  Yay!
  • edited December 2011
    Rasberry- You should get on the September board. Those ladies are so nice over there and have helped out a lot. Plus they kind feel our pain with the stress of it getting so close!

cmalouf- That is so exciting. It will fly by faster then you think it will. I remember when I was saying only 400 days left and now I am saying 38 days left!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey everyone :) 
    My name is Samantha and I am having my wedding in the Ogden area on Oct. 22 this year. FI and I have known each other for a year before dating and after 9 months of dating he proposed. We are long distance from each other, FI in Michigan and I'm here in Utah. It's been difficult but it defiantly makes us appreciate time together. 

Our ceremony is a small one of about 50 people. Hopefully everyone will stay for the whole reception :)
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  My dog's name is Gina (hence ginadog).

I've lived in Northern Utah for 12 years now (eep!).  My fiance and I have been together 3 years.  We are planning for a later summer 2012 wedding.  Everyone will be out of towners, so asking them to pop for plane tickets with 1 month's notice is not acceptable.  I have to remind people from here that year long engagements are normal outside of Utah!  I have more logistics involved, and since guests are spending money on tickets, car rentals, logding, I need to provide more than cake and punch for them.  :)

We have a couple ideas of where we want to have our wedding but are still researching (ID and WY are top on the list).  Our priorities are small and intimate, stunning views, outdoors, and spend time with guests (so probably a weekend event). 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone my name is Geri and my fiance and I are getting married next summer some time. We have known of eachother since kindergarten and have been dating for a year and a half. I just beginning planning and I am so excited! I agree that this board is so slow because of the short engagements and relatively simple open house receptions in this area with no ceremony or dinner. That is one thing that I am worried about is getting across that it will be an event not a come when you want open house. Anyone else going to the Bridal Fair at the Ogden Union Station at the end of August? I know I'll be there hoping to win that grand prize!
  • edited December 2011
    Aw.... So exciting ladies! Lots of you getting married next summer. Don't worry it will fly in a flash. I got engaged in June on 2010 and went to lots of bridal fairs and emailed lots of vendors so any remark or look you can think of I got it...... and I HATED it! It will be a weird day for you ladies when you go from "Oh wow..... you have lots of time" to "Oh that is so close are you excited?" Don't worry though. You aren't the only only one having a long engagement there is just few of you.

Like you ladies I am not having a cake and punch reception, FI keeps trying to remind me that people will come and go as they want and I don't like that idea. My reception dinner will be served so if they don't want cold food they better be there ;)

Good luck to you all and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Sometimes we understand a little better then the national boards :)
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I hated the idea of a buffet for dinner, but unfortunately that is what we can afford. The wedding is at a venue in Ogden that includes the cake, wedding party flowers, photography and a buffet of ham, turkey, croissants, and deserts. The planner that is in charge of the venue said that it is very uncommon for people to rsvp because of how the majority of receptions are held. I'm hoping that's not the case and I'll get rsvps back from my Utah guests because I need a head count for the food. 

Between my friends that have gotten married, I think I have the longest engagement at 6 months. If it weren't for the long distance and both of us being impatient to be together, I think our engagement would have been about 1.5 years. We were originally planning to have the wedding in summer of 2012. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards