Utah

New here! Have Any Advice?

Hey Everyone, I just got engaged on Christmas and and pretty clueless about what I need to do.. haha.. We've picked a date and that about it. I'd like to find a venue soon. Unfortunately I am funding the wedding pretty much by myself so it is on a smaller budget. Any suggestions for venues that aren't going to cost a kidney and have potential to hold the ceremony outside? Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: New here! Have Any Advice?

• I know your feeling, I got engaged in October and I'm still kinda clueless about things. I found that Wheeler Farm is fairly cheap ( $75 per hour) and the barn is beautiful. Although you do have to plan for set up and take down since they don't provide that. There is also Noah's and they have a lot of diferrent rooms that are cheaper and they do set up and take down. Those are the 2 places I have seen, a lot of others are expensive. My fiance and I are paying for our wedding and its crazy how much certain things cost. I would also recommend doing a DIY wedding for centerpieces and bouquet. I found at Hobby Lobby they have fake flowers that are actually really pretty and look nice. I hope this helps!
  • Not sure what your budgets are ladies, The gallavain center is nice, louland falls is amazing.
    I am actually a photographer, looking for a venue (the only reason I got on this site)

Although, If you're still looking for photographers, I maybe able to help with that too! I will send you a private message regarding that.

•  Thanks for the advice! :) I had never even thought of Wheeler Farm. My best friend wants me to go look at The Peace Gardens. I've never been there but she says it is beautiful. Also, Thanks but I already have a family friend doing the photography.
  • I had my engagement pictures taken at wheelerfarm  I love love love how they turned out.

Pierpont place is beautiful as well.

but the best advice is stay organized. It helps sooo much
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • My fiance bought me a Folder / Notebook... Anything wedding related, I throw it in there. It helps and keeps me sane!
  • Hey my name is Lindsey, you should check www.bellevieplanning.com
    I can help you and work with your budget and get you great deals through my contacts on everything you will need. Give me a call! You never know....We are always willing to work something out for everyones individual needs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards