Utah

Any Millcreek Inn or Log Haven type places?

Of course Millcreek Inn and Log Have are gorgeous, but I'm wondering if there are other places in Utah, kind of like this, that I might explore - hopefully a little cheaper!  Could even be an hour north or south of SLC.

My Idaho state park idea seems like it's going to be too much travel for guests.  :(

I want to be in the mountains but about an hour from the airport.  No ski resorts.

Any ideas?  Camps?

Rose Sachs was an idea, but I was looking a bit more rustic.

Re: Any Millcreek Inn or Log Haven type places?

• edited December 2011
    It took me a while to think of some possibilities:

Johnson Mill, Midway
    Red Cliff Ranch, Heber
    Rendezvous Ranch, Kamas
    Conrad Ranch, Provo Canyon (this happens to be where I am getting married)

The Bungalow in Pleasant Grove has the adorable rustic look, but it's not in the mountains.

Most state parks will accommodate a wedding; you could consider Jordanelle or Rockport.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding once at The Spruces, which is a campground up Big Cottonwood Canyon. It was very nice,and I don't think it's too expensive to use.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at Storm Mountain Amphitheater and then our reception at Spruces Campground (Group sites 8,9,1) Group Site 9 has an awesome pavillion and it's very pretty up there (and inexpensive)
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristin - what all are you brining (your own or rented) to the pavilion? 
    How long does your reception go?  What are you serving?  Any dancing?
    Which month is it and do you have back up plans if it's unseasonally cold?

Campgound reception would fit us but I have always thought the logistics would be hard to figure out.  Share your details please!
  • edited December 2011
    We are hiring a catering company that is going to do all the food, set up, take down and beverages. We are also going to rent tablecloths and lights from them. I will bring my own decorations and etc. to the pavilion. Getting a DJ and etc.

We are starting the reception @ 5 we only have the day sites till 10pm, but we are renting so of the campsites surrounding the pavilion so if others want to keep the party going they can. (I plan on leaving before 10 :) )

The wedding is in June.. On average the temp is 85 up there. (expect for 2011 of course..ugh) If it is chilly we are going to rent the large outdoor space heaters. I don't have a plan b as of yet (my fiance keeps saying rain or shine..lol) I have been kind of waiting to see how the winter is up there and if I think it will be too cold probably find an alternate place for the reception. If this happens I have no idea.. I am going to have to Rally friends for an idea.

We are not really doing much at the amphitheater but a few decorations because everything is so naturally beautiful everywhere. I googled Spruces Campground Wedding and Storm Mountain Amphitheater wedding and viewed some images of other weddings up there.. some cool ideas :)
  • edited December 2011
    I would also check out...
    Millicent Chalet in Big Cottonwood Canyon/
  • My fiance and I were also looking for similar locations, but he has A LOT of family, so places like Milcreek Inn, although gorgeous, just weren't in our budget.
    It's not rustic, exactly, but you should check out Heritage Gardens. Their website is a little unusual, but the location is gorgeous, their staff is extremely helpful in the wedding planning, and their prices are great. The website doesn't really explain the pricing and discounts fully, though, so if you kind of like what you see on the website, I'd recommend talking to them about that. 
  • sxmcgu6sxmcgu6 member
    First Comment
    I am having my wedding at Louland Falls formerly Rose Sachs Gardens. It is a beautiful and private location. The on site people are fantastic! You should check them out on facebook for the best pictures. Depending on your budget, the venue rental is more expensive than Millcreek but you can select one of their food vendors and can go high or low in pricing that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards