Utah

Ceremony Question

Hello fellow Utah brides. I wish this board was a little more active because you guys understand things that people on the main board completly freak out about. But anyway, I am getting married in September (a little less then 4 monts away!) and I am at a loss for the ceremony. I have been engaged for almost a year now and have been putting this off. I haven't found an officiant yet but we are going to talk with some this weekend. My question is what is the typical ceremony like? I haven't been to any and I am not having a temple wedding so I haven't been able to find anything. Does everyone just get up and say their vows and then its done? I didn't want it to be a quick 10 minute thing but not a long thing either. We bought a unity candle so I have that to fit in there somewhere and I was trying to think of something my step-mom could do that will make her feel included as well. Any ideas on how I should have my ceremony set up? Thanks in advance for any advice offered!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ceremony Question

• edited December 2011
    You're getting married and you've never been to a wedding?  Surprised  Yeah, it's definitely one of those things that other people can think is strange but can certainly happen around here.  (I saw my first wedding when I was 21.)  Plus weddings can all be so different.

I stumbled across this website (LINK) a few weeks ago and found it extremely helpful.  It explains the different parts that a ceremony can have (you pick and choose what you want).  It also has sample scripts if you need some help with what to say.  The site is by a minister and thus has a religious slant, but there are also non-religious scripts if that's what you are looking for.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, Thank you so much! That definetly helps! Ya I have been to like 3 receptions but no ceremonies. This link for sure helps me get some ideas flowing and now I can pick some readings. Thanks again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards