Utah

Utah Wedding Venue's that allow you to bring in your own alcohol

Hello All,

My Fiance is from Salt Lake and most of my family is in Utah or Wyoming. We currently live in New Mexico but would like to have the wedding in Utah... my fiance gets a huge discount on alcohol. The problem most of the Venue's that do allow alcohol require you to get a caterer for bar service and purchase the alcohol through the State Liquor store and no outside alcohol is allowed.

So we are looking for a venue that allows us to bring in the alcohol so we can save money with our discout.

Any advice would be helpful!
Kristin

Re: Utah Wedding Venue's that allow you to bring in your own alcohol

• edited December 2011

I'm pretty sure its a state law that all alcohol served at this kind of event must be purchased in state. We are buying and bring the alcohol for our venue, but it all must be purchased from a state liquor store... 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That was my original understanding... but I did hear that Noah's allows you to bring in our own food and alcohol. I am not sure if this is correct... but I would like to find options if I can. We looked at renting a vacation house or summer camp to get around it.... but not sure those options are going to work out.

His discount would just save us so much money. I would like to find something.
  • edited December 2011
    Bringing in any alcohol, even from the State Liquor Store would save us a bunch of money as well. Has anyone had any luck convincing venues like Deer Valley or Log Haven to waive their requirement to purchase individual drinks at the full retail price? At $7/shot, the alcohol bill alone would be in the thousands and has precluded us from even considering such venues...
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure about Deer Valley or Log Haven... we orginally looked at Red Butte Gardens and you must use one of their preferred caterers; and the caterer we looked at offered bar services. We were responsible for telling them what alcohol we wanted and they would purchase it from the state liquor store. I know there are a few venues that operate this way.
  • edited December 2011
    I believe Noahs allows you to do this. When I was looking into using them there policy stated that they allowed you to bring in your own alcohol. I don't really know how they would know if it was purchased out of state.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just to confirm what other poeple have said, Noah's will allow you to bring in your own alcohol (we did it for a party).  They did not give any requirements (such as having a Utah State Liquor Store sticker on it), and we brought in lots of wine, beer, and hard liquor.  You should be able to bring whatever you want.  They also let us keep some "good stuff" behind the counter and only give it to those who asked for it, and then they packed up the half-empty bottles at the end of the night for us to take home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of places will let you bring in your own liquor! I've only looked at a handful of places that don't... It just depending on each individual location. I think they can't knowingly let you bring out of state beer, cause its so different, but if they don't check that's great!!! Some don't enforce many rules at all, others will behave every law and add on all these extra rules too! Just make sure you understand absolutely every rule before you book... otherwise you might get surprised with extra costs or penalties!

We're buying our own liquor and beer to our venue...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm... most I have looked at (just online of course since I am out of state) have said that you must use a preffered caterer and the caterer purchases from the state liqour store. I know some venues allow you to bring you own wine... I just can't find any in my online searches. That is why I posted on here... slbinpink where are you getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    FYI...
    I just got information from Alta Peruvian Lodge and you can bring your own alcohol other than kegs.
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Tuscany Gardens in Roy in Aug. 2009 and they let you bring whatever alcohol you want. You'll have to pay for a bartender to serve the liquor but I'm pretty sure that's the same at all places that let you bring your own. We saved a ton of money doing it this way.
  • edited December 2011
    I am finding some that allow you to bring in our own alcohol but it still has to be from the state liquor store. Which is pricey compared to the discount we get here.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! We are actually looking into Tuscany Gardens... I like the pacakge deal. How was your experience there?
  • edited December 2011
    It was amazing!! They're packages are so much better than other places. It's not cookie cutter where you have to buy these flowers and this cake, you get to choose everything! It was so stress free, the staff was awesome, I was able to just enjoy my day and not stress about the little things...everything just happened. I highly recommend it! Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
  • edited December 2011
    What ever you decide to do, I would be careful on who you tell your plans to because it is actually ILLEGAL to trasport any kind of alcahol across state lines. Utah is a very wierd and the ABCC here is the most strict I have ever seen! I'm not getting married Utah kind of because of this. I'm from the Indiana and there HA its a joke compared to the laws and legislations in this state.  So all in all, Please be careful in what you decide to do, this is supposed to be a joyous occasion, not stressing over fines.

http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE32A/htm/32A12_050400.htm
  • edited December 2011
    Alta does let you bring in your own alcohol, but they charge $2.75 corkage per beer, and $10 corkage per bottle of wine... And yes, it must be bought in UT... :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards