July 2012 Weddings
Options

Program Question

How many programs are you making/ having made for your ceremony?  We are inviting 120 people and trying to determine what should be made, as we cant hold off until we have a finalized head count…. Suggestions?

Re: Program Question

• Options
    I remember reading something somewhere about having enough for 1 per couple (so, like half the number of guests you have). We'll have 100 programs most likely for our 175 guests, which I think is too many but I'd rather have more than less.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't make 1 for everyone because not everyone will take one, or because I am too lazy to keep making them. We are accounting for 1 per couple as well.
  • Options
    OK, I almost to the 100 mark so I think I will stop.  I too would rather have too many.
  • Options
    We have 200 people invited. I ordered 200. I know not everyone will attend but I like scrapbooking and I know my family will want to save extras for other reasons too. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    It sounds like you have enough now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are inviting 130 people and I plan to make 70. I am placing a program on every other seat because almost everyone has never been to a Hindu ceremony and they'll need a program to understand what is going on. Most of our guests are couples anyway so it's likely they will share one program.
  • Options

I was recommended to make 50% or even 2/3 of the number of guests. We may have 220 guests so we are having 165 programs. Probably too much, but a lot of our family like to keep stuff like that as a keepsake too.

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great, thanks for all of this feedback!
  • Options
    It think I am going to do a little more than half the number of guests we are expecting.  So I will probably do like 140 we will also only be making one per couple.  I would rather have to many than not enough.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Interesting...so what if you're making programs to double as fans for guests to cool off? Would you still not make 100? Haha I'm getting a funny visual of a couple trying to cool off using just one fan lol
  • Options
    I am not making a lot of programs. We know people who only go to the reception which is usually what happens at all weddings where I am. We only ordered 50 even though our guest list is 280 just because we know that family and close friends will be at the church.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_program-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b9d8fa72-d517-4d97-8972-5fcac4ff77e7Post:e03662ac-ea69-444a-862a-8107dca3c9dc">Re:Program Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interesting...so what if you're making programs to double as fans for guests to cool off? Would you still not make 100? Haha I'm getting a funny visual of a couple trying to cool off using just one fan lol
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

Oh.... I didn't even think of this. We have fans for our program too. Darn it!!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_program-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:b9d8fa72-d517-4d97-8972-5fcac4ff77e7Post:e03662ac-ea69-444a-862a-8107dca3c9dc">Re:Program Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Interesting...so what if you're making programs to double as fans for guests to cool off? Would you still not make 100? </strong>Haha I'm getting a funny visual of a couple trying to cool off using just one fan lol
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

<div>I am making one for everyone just for that reason. Probably going to have left over, but better that instead of cranky hot guests.</div>
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
  • Options
    I think I am making 100 and we are inviting 175 but mostly couples, and probably 150-160 will actually attend.  I think that is more than enough, I don't want to waste the time doing 175 and having 100 leftover.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards