Honeymoon Discussions

Costa Rica in October - SUPER WORRIED

So...I'm super excited that we booked our Costa Rica Honeymoon. We are staying at an amazing resort but since booking it about a month ago, I have become obsessed with the fact that it is supposed to be their ranniest month of the year. I knew this going in, but our travel agent assured us that she has travleled there at this time and that the area we are going to has much less rain than the rest of the country.

But, as I read more and more, I am increasingly thinking that maybe we should have waited until december..ugh. I did purchase the insurance, so we can cancel and reschedule without a problem. Do you think I should reschedule right now so that we can get out schedules at work straight or should I just watch the weather reports leading up to the wedding and make an informed decision at that point?

Re: Costa Rica in October - SUPER WORRIED

• Hurricane season is something to worry about, but honestly, it's not as much of a deal as people think.  It's gotten a lot of bad press because of Katrina, but that was one out of dozens every year for centuries. 

I lived down in Florida for many years and survived lots of hurricanes.  As long as you pay attention to weather and surf warnings, you'll be safe.  The good thing about hurricanes, as well, is that they build more slowly, giving people more time to get to safety than, say, a tornado or flash flood.

Don't stress, honestly.  If there's a hurricane on the gulf right before you get ready to leave, then stay home.  But I wouldn't advise cancelling this far ahead of time.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • From most of my friends who have been to CR, I have heard that even in the rainy season it only rains for part of the day and really doesn't ruin the trip at all.  We're going in July--also "green" season, but it will be an adventure no matter what!
  • Where in Costa Rica? We went in Oct 2010 and I'm not sure it rained at all, but we avoided the Caribbean side.
  • edited February 2012
    We will be on the pacific coast near the Guanacaste area. We are staying at the Westin Playa Conchal. I am so relieved to hear you say that! Did you enjoy the trip?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards