Honeymoon Discussions
Options

how soon should one book the honeymoon!?

my wedding is less than a year and three months away. When am I supposed to book the honeymoon? is it cheaper to book earlier...later? i dont know when i am supposed to do this. 
Thanks for any feedback!!! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: how soon should one book the honeymoon!?

• Options
    We booked ours about six months prior, which is pretty ideal
  • Options
    Our wedding is next week and we booked in January. So about 5/6 months ahead of time.

• Options
    Like the PPs we also booked ours about 6 month in advance.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree. My honeymoon was booked 6 months in advance.
  • Options
    You guys said six months, but I think what she was really getting at is when the best time for deals are? My fiance' and I are working through a travel agent, but are going to book our resort a year out and airline 9 months out.
  • Options
    Ours was about 3-4 months out, and I would recommend closer to 6. We are having a seven month engagement, so that was the best we could do!
  • Options
    I know usually when airfare first comes out at the 9 month mark it is a bit high. It usually starts to go down for a while then will start to go back up. This is not really scientific but tends to be a trend. We had been watching prices and knew how much we could afford and when it was around the mark we could afford we booked it. I think between 5 months and 7 months tend to be pretty decent for airfare. Also if you book any longer then 6 months they have a lot higher likelyhood of changing/cancelling flights. Two of my flights were changed since we booked but luckily they were not that major of changes so we were fine with it.

It also depends on where you are going and what you want to do for your honeymoon.

• Options
    thanks guys ! i guess we should kind of decide where we are going and watch flight prices starting around 8 months?  i am just so excited to start looking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    airfare prices are released nearly a year before the flight-330 days i believe. i always book as soon as i possibly can.

• Options
    Nice New York Times article says the same thing I said. Ticket prices tend to be high then go down before they come back up:
    http://travel.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/travel/book-well-ahead-to-save-money-on-airfare.html

They say the sweet spot is usually between 16 and 24 weeks before traveling depending on where you are going.

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    The sooner you book, the better.  Ask your travel agent, he/she might be aware of upcoming specials.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards