July 2012 Weddings
Options

What's everyone getting their bridesmaids as a gift?

Curious to hear everyone's ideas!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's everyone getting their bridesmaids as a gift?

• Options
    I'm going to give each girls a tote bag filled with fun stuff like lotion, wine, flip flops, etc.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i am giving them all a chunky necklace to wear the day of the wedding. i also found an etsy seller who makes awesome personalized picture frames that i might give them after the fact with a photo of the two of us in it from the big day to thank them for being a bridesmaid. i might do something small like a tote bag filled with treats or a bridesmaid survival kit the day of the wedding too - i probably won't put those together till a month or two out.
  • Options
    No ideas yet, so hopefully this thread will help me with some!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am giving my girls initial bracelets which will be inside sterling silver jewelry box's and a personalized wine glass with their favorite wine. Also want to get them Coach wristlets but not sure if I should get them all the same or different ones.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Im getting some vera bradley wallets in different patterns for each girl, and the jewelry to wear on the day. Since its july, I will probably try to find some cheap fans or parasols to take pictures with outside, and we will see what that adds up to. I will also be writing them each a letter to go with it. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting them Tiffany pearl earlings and either a bottle of wine or coach wristlets.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    I have 8 BM and a JBM and I got them all coach wristlets (a different one for each girl), and then I got them each a matching earring and necklace set.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I bought each of my 6 BMs a personalized tote and will put in each one:

Pair of earrings and a bracelet I made (matches BM dress)
    Coach wristlet
    Robe with matching PJs
    Manicure set in a pretty metal case
    Flip flops

I budgeted $100 per BM and am just under this, but I feel like the bag still looks so empty... so I'll probaly get some wine/beer and candy to fill some space or maybe a beach towel since my BMs love the beach. 

I will also be giving my MOH something additional but I haven't figured that out yet, either.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I got them all tote bags from VP that I'm filling with some random things for the day. I also got them each a bridesmaid t-shirt with their names and sleep shorts from Old Navy. I'm considering getting them each a robe, too. There are some cute ones on Etsy. I want to add something unique for each girl, but I haven't figured it out yet.

I don't think I'm doing jewelery... I'm just not a jewelery person and I know they all already have nice pieces.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am giving each girl a silky robe (they can wear it getting ready if they want, but don't have to! I will be wearing mine :) A few of the girls have individually mentioned they want one of these so I thought it was a great time to get everyone one. I loooove mine especially in the summer when I want to be covered up a bit but it's too hot for a full robe.
    Then I am getting each girl individual gifts. So a bottle of wine and wine glasses for the wine drinker, a funky purse for the fashionista, maybe some fancy teas and tea cups for the tea drinker, etc. I haven't decided on the individual gifts yet but will shop more like it's their birthdays.
    And nothing wedding related for my bridesmaids! I just think a thank you gift should not be made up of things they have to wear the day of. Unless that is just one part of it. That's just my feelings on it, though.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    HAHAHA This sounds like a Coach advertisement! Is everyone buying Coach wristlets?

Like one of the PPs, I'm getting my girls silk robes in different styles that I know will match their personality. I have 8 girls and the robes are kind of $$$ so I think that's all they are getting. I'll probably get my MOH something special in addition, like a statement necklace that I know she'll love.

Edit: I'm also paying for their hair and makeup for the day, which will be $160 each. (I know that's partially a gift to myself for picture-purposes, but it's expensive enough that I have to consider that when buying them additional gifts.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_whats-everyone-getting-their-bridesmaids-as-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba637d4a-1ed4-4987-b1e9-95c762ba1f1cPost:d2f6ae17-0228-41f1-8a5d-0906fe51d401">Re: What's everyone getting their bridesmaids as a gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought each of my 6 BMs a personalized tote and will put in each one: Pair of earrings and a bracelet I made (matches BM dress) Coach wristlet <strong>Robe with matching PJs</strong> Manicure set in a pretty metal case Flip flops I budgeted $100 per BM and am just under this, but I feel like the bag still looks so empty... so I'll probaly get some wine/beer and candy to fill some space or maybe a beach towel since my BMs love the beach.  I will also be giving my MOH something additional but I haven't figured that out yet, either.
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Where did you find yours?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am havingn hangers made with their names. I am also dong totes. Two of the three are under drinking age. I am trying to think of what else....
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • Options
    Bridetobe - Kohl's!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I am giving my MOH a tote bag with a beach towel, the necklace I bought a long time ago, a fleece no sew blanket in wedding colors, and I have no idea what else.  I am also doing a bag for her daughter who is doing our music and my hair and makeup. 
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_whats-everyone-getting-their-bridesmaids-as-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba637d4a-1ed4-4987-b1e9-95c762ba1f1cPost:61000c36-e0ca-41c6-ac16-af0cb7732d31">Re: What's everyone getting their bridesmaids as a gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bridetobe - Kohl's!
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have to check this out. Many of the ones I've found are in excess of $60 each and that's just for the robe!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WOW! Great ideas! Thank you ladies!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing a tote probably filled with stuff.  I think I'm doing zip up sweathshirts and probably tank tops and jewlery.  I will probably also get them all a bottle of wine and a personalized glass as well.

Anniversary
  • Options
    gah!! I have no idea...I originally wanted to do the Coach wristlets, but I don't think all of my girls will use it. I know 4 out of the 7 will use it.  I want it to be personalized that way they'll be able to use the items again. 

I did get a GM (one of my BFF's) an apron & pot holder that say "keep calm, bake on" with that I'm going to get a mason jar & put the dry ingredients to chocolcate cookies & label them, @$$ flavored cookies...because that is what he and I make: @$$ flavored chocolate chip cookies!

FI is getting one of his GM's an old bottle of Jameson...
  • Options
    I have bought them earrings and a necklace that they will wear on the day :) and I thought I would get them a purse too maybe, not sure yet though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_whats-everyone-getting-their-bridesmaids-as-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba637d4a-1ed4-4987-b1e9-95c762ba1f1cPost:cb91df70-f34c-4009-84e2-438eae187177">Re: What's everyone getting their bridesmaids as a gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's everyone getting their bridesmaids as a gift? : Thanks! I have to check this out. Many of the ones I've found are in excess of $60 each and that's just for the robe!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

The set ended up costing me around $20 ea because I have a Kohl's charge and had a 30% off coupon... I would sign up for their email listing so you get a heads up when they run sales.

Victoria's Secret has beautiful robes but I couldn't justify spending so much $$$ on them...
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    So Far I have only gotten them lolita wine glasses. I was going to give them a g/c to get their hair done and then something else. I was also going to fill their totes with like emergency day things like bobby pins etc.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Like another girl said: I am getting them gift bags filled with Bath and Body works procuts, sum victoria Secret cosmetic product, and neat fun little stuff. Also in the bag will b a piece of jewlery for them to wear along with their Bridesmaid tank tops and buttons!
  • Options
    so many tote bag ideas, I didn't even think of that
    I got my girls eacha  heart necklace with 3 diamonds on it, they can wear it on the day, or not, up to them, and then i'm also paying for their hair, makeup and nails on the day of. Hopefully thats enough! I like the idea of writing them each a letter
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards