Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Australian/Alaska Cruise Suggestions?

We just started seriously discussing Honeymoon stuff last night and I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for either an Alaskan cruise or for an Australian cruise that actually leaves from a port in the USA.

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Australian/Alaska Cruise Suggestions?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_suggestions-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:0ae640bd-8f3d-4e8a-a72c-0b65b026b37dPost:c99bace3-3ad1-442d-9b19-d23190c4cbd7">Australian/Alaska Cruise Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just started seriously discussing Honeymoon stuff last night and I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for either an Alaskan cruise or for an Australian cruise that actually leaves from a port in the USA. TIA!
    Posted by jlm9113[/QUOTE]

I don't think there are any Australian cruises that leave from the US......it's just too far away.  I'm sure CMGr will chime it at some time.....she seems to be the queen of cruising.  :)
  • Options
    Holland America does cruises to Alaska -- port is usually Seattle.
  • Options
    Check out cruisecritic.com, but I don't know of any Australian cruises that depart stateside.  Most of the major lines have cruises that sail to Alaska from Seattle.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!  I'm going to start looking into them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If your wedding is in September, you can probably do an Alaskan cruise. That will be at the very end of the season, though. Alaskan cruises usually run from May until September. I'm doing one next August, and actually, the ship we are using (Rhapsody of the Seas by Royal Carribean) is used in Australia during our winter/their summer, since it can't be used in Alaska! Also, we are doing a 7 night round trip cruise which leaves from Seattle and docks in Vancouver.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Before I moved to Alaska, we took a 7 day Alaskan Cruise with Holland America. I've cruised with Carnival, Royal and Disney and Holland America was phenomenal. I still think Disney has the most awesome cruises but Holland America is right up with them. We booked a balcony suite. This is a major highlight to your cruise experience to Alaska. Usually I don't think balconies are worth it for certainf cruises but for an Alaska cruise, worth every penny!
    We did the inside passage on the Oosterdam. We departed from Seattle and we did Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, stopped at Hubbard Glacier and also stopped in Victoria, BC (which was beautiful as well!).
    I really thought it was an AMAZING cruise and worth every penny. I HIGHLY recommend getting a balcony for sure!
    :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagekayak
  • Options
    Love the suggestions - We are thinking of an Alaskan Cruise too - for next  May  
    Any tips on when we should book? I am on the east coast and will need flights too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards