Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals, Dreams, or Secrets??

Hi everyone!
My fiance and I are beginning to look into honeymoons, and we know we would like to go to an all-inclusive resort, but they all look so nice we are not sure which one to go with. We know we want to stick to the Caribbean and not Mexico, which helps narrow it down some, but if I could get some insight or opinions on the best all-inclusive resorts I would greatly appreciate it! We would be going in October, so hurricane season probably won't affect us, and the weather should still be pretty warm as well. Thanks!!
Photobucket

Re: Sandals, Dreams, or Secrets??

• Just FYI Hurricane season does extend into October in Caribbean area.  We HMed in Riveria Maya 10/18-25 and a hurriacane was actually in the area a week before or so (although it didn't hit our resort).
  • I chose St. Lucia for my end-of-October honeymoon because it's usually not affected by hurricanes.  You're risking one anywhere in the Caribbean, but your risks are lowered going there as opposed to Aruba or Jamaica.
  • I'm not a fan of Sandals resorts.  You can also consider Excellence and Couples resorts.

And like PP said - there are still hurricanes in the Caribbean in October.  This year one hit St. Lucia (which rarely gets hit by hurricanes).  Just decide where you want to go and buy good trip insurance.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • We loved Secrets. We stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach. It depends on what you are looking for. Sandals and Secrets are adults only. Dreams is family friendly, so if you don't mind kids, then it wouldn't really be a problem. We looked into Sandals, but we got more for our money at Secrets.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I know a couple people who went to Secrets and LOVED it. I can not make any personal recommendations since I haven't been but that it what i was told.

Good Luck! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I think we are going to look into Secrets, because I have heard better things about them than Sandals. Thanks for the tip on insurance also, I will be sure to buy it and pray for no hurricanes :)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_sandals-dreams-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:0cbc5c4e-4c88-40e4-8d9f-8ee01e4536bfPost:c55a1de9-9ade-4a0a-b485-dbc07e29d161">Re: Sandals, Dreams, or Secrets??</a>:
    [QUOTE]If Jamaica is on your list, you should also check out Couples Resorts.
    Posted by angiemarie51504[/QUOTE]

I definitely second this!! We're honeymooning here next July and it saved us a fortune over Sandals and it included a bunch of excursions for free!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards