Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon in Palau

Has anyone been there on honeymoon?  Any inside tips on where to stay and where to visit would be appreciated!

Re: Honeymoon in Palau

• We originally looked into having our destination wedding/honeymoon in Palau. We ultimately decided on Australia mainly because we didn't want to spend 2+ weeks just in Palau and getting to other destinations around there was a little more difficult than anticipated. I can't wait to go one day, though! Anyway, the best resorts in Palau are the Palau Pacific Resort (where we would have most likely ended up) and Caroline's Resort. The Pacific Resort is a bit more higher end. While the hotel cost isn't that bad for it being the best resort on the island, the airfare to get to Palau sucks. I was planning on using miles, but if you aren't, expect airfare costs of at least $2K per person. You'll also have to anticipate at least one connection in Guam, but possibly another one in Honolulu.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks, Jells!

Actually, we've already just booked our tickets-- 240k miles got us first class ickets all the way around-yay!  We'll be there for 17 days and want to move around a bit.  If we can make it to Lizard Island that would be great!

So far, in Palau we're thinking of doing the first 3 nights at PPR, then 4 nights at Carolines for a change of pace, then move to Carp Island for 3 nights.  After that we want to do the remainder somewhere else: Yap maybe?  Some other island in Palau? Australia?  New guinea?  We like to get around :-)
  • Miles are the way to get there! We just redeemed 270K miles for Australia and 275K for a trip we just took to the Seychelles and Mauritius!

When we were looking at Palau, we were looking to jump to the Phillippines (Amanpulo) and possibly Malaysia (Andaman). It proved to be too much jumping around, but we don't really like to jump too much. We were just trying to see as much as we could in that part of the world while we were there! As it turns out, I'm starting grad school in January, so I'm only limited to 2.5 weeks anyway, and even Australia was rough fitting into 2.5 weeks! We decided to stick to the GBR and stay on Heron, Wilson, and Lizard.

I definitely want to hear about your trip when you get back. It's on my bucket list!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards