Honeymoon Discussions
Options

How long is your honeymoon?

Just wondering how long most brides are taking for their honeymoon: 
Daring to dream a bigger dream

Re: How long is your honeymoon?

• Options
    This varies greatly on budget and the circumstances of each couple. I, personally, HMed for around 12 nights the first time and 15 nights or so this last time. I would have stayed longer, but my vacation time is limited and I had circumstances that kind of forced me to return sooner than I wanted (moving into a home I had just closed on, school). Others maybe only have a limited amount to spend and their money may only get them 1-2 nights. I think the average, though, is around a week Do what fits into your schedule and budget. There is no right or wrong :)

• Options
    Two weeks and I can't wait! 
  • Options
    We did 9 nights, and I wish we could've done more, but we went to Hawaii and just couldn't afford anymore time there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    We did one week. Of course everyone wishes they stayed longer- who doesn't want to stay on vacation forever?- but I think even a week is a good time. We had enough time to get there, relax, have some adventures, relax, then head home.
  • Options
    We did one week in Mexico. I also took off a few days before the wedding to have everything prepared. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_how-long-is-your-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:0db563f0-d249-4522-b9de-7f8ca1a06ff8Post:31b04be4-fbd4-4f1d-9656-9b529915fd39">Re: How long is your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did one week. Of course everyone wishes they stayed longer- who doesn't want to stay on vacation forever?- but I think even a week is a good time. We had enough time to get there, relax, have some adventures, relax, then head home.
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I was thinking. It just seemed reasonable with budget and work schedules to go for a week  (we both are taking the friday before the wedding off though, and have the monday after we return from HM to relax because it is memorial day!)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did 9 nights and really that was enough for me.  By then, I was tired of eating out all the time and I missed my daughter.  I was sad to leave, but also ready to get home.
  • Options
    We did 8 nights. We're both teachers and were limited to spring break.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we're doing 10 nights away, but  taking a full two weeks off from work (plus two days before the wedding)....we come back from HM Weds afternoon but will use the rest of the week to relax at home, do errands, clean, etc., before getting back to the real world.
  • Options
    We're doing 11 nights, but I'm off from work for 19 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    it was 14 nights.

• Options
    We are doing 2 weeks (14 nights!!!!!!) in Costa Rica! We orginally thought 1 week but decided hey, we are traveling all the way there we might as well take our time to see different parts of the country! I am so excited! We are going to the 3 different locations. One location is a beach town and then the other two are more "adventure" locations located in the rainforest in the center of Costa Rica. We wanted to get both the beach/relaxation and adventure experiences. But do whatever fits your budget and schedule!
  • Options
    anssettanssett member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    We're going to S. America for 12ish nights. Havne't bought tickets yet but that's about all he can take off from work. 
  • Options
    We had 10 nights but 12 days. So I said 2 weeks. :-)

• Options
    We were on our HM for 2.5 weeks.  Add another week for our OOT wedding, we were gone 3.5 weeks total.

I use to be  off the entire month of Sept anyway, so vacation time was not an issue for us.  Plus were are older and more established in our careers.   I'm sure if I got married younger a week would have been all we could afford to take (money and time wise).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    7 nights/8days. It was the perfect amount of time to escape from reality; but also to leave us with vacation for future trips
  • Options
    H and I like to travel often, so we generally only go a week at a time, which was the same for our HM.  Generally, I'm ready to come home after a week anyways (except in Hawaii, I could stay there forever), so it was a good amount of time for us.

However, if we are going to be spending an extreme amount of time travelling, then we'd make the trip longer (we are planning two weeks in Europe for next summer), so it depends on where you want to go as well.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ours was five nights. We didn't have a ton of money or time off from work so we made the best. It was actually the first vacation we've ever taken together so it was bound to be fun anyway!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards