July 2012 Weddings
Options

WTF Wednesday

Please feel free to vent here.... I love weddings...but I hate paying for them! Ugh...why are they so expensive?? I could be saving that money for a new car or a down payment on a house....for real.....ugh...vent over

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    I'm not sure if I have anything to vent except I just want to hear back from underwriting. They came back with conditions last week Wednesday and the file was sent back to them on Friday. They have 48-72 hours to respond. At 10 am today it'll be 72 hours. I haven't been able to sleep, I am so worried now that we may not be able to get the loan.

I'm just glad I'm at work today so I at least have some stuff to do instead of thinking about this all the time.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hang in there mekiakoo! What happens if they don't respond in 72 hours?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I have nothing to vent about. It's  a beautiful day - suppose to be near 80 degrees and sunny. That fixes everything.

EDIT: I do have my job interview today at 2:00pm EST at the amusement park.

My first job - at a boat rental facility/park/lake/bait shop - I got it because I attended a fishing/hunting show - and ended up talking with the hiring manager at the Park District booth - and he told me to show up for the job open house - and I did and got hired - no interview.

My second job - I got hired after my internship - again - no interview.

I've interviewed one time - and it was for a job that I was seeking to get out of my last job - I got the job - but turned it down because my other job countered with a 1.50 raise. :p

So..I'm a little nervous for this interview. Is it overkill to bring a resume? lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Btrightfirefly, good luck!!! If you've sent out your resume before in the application process, I wouldn't bring it. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. Do tell them about the things you liked about the former job, that you were good at and would apply here.

I'm supposed to hear from my job interview today and I can't wait anymore. I have NO PATIENCE.

But I guess I should not vent about that. There was this tragic accident today with a Belgian bus in Switzerland where 28 people were killed, 22 kids were among them.  People here are mourning. It's so sad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:1a827e45-4c4a-4a01-a5ac-ae22672147f2">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if I have anything to vent except I just want to hear back from underwriting. They came back with conditions last week Wednesday and the file was sent back to them on Friday. They have 48-72 hours to respond. At 10 am today it'll be 72 hours. I haven't been able to sleep, I am so worried now that we may not be able to get the loan. I'm just glad I'm at work today so I at least have some stuff to do instead of thinking about this all the time.
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

Good luck!!  Keep us posted I really hope that it all works out for you :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:584a5a93-d97e-4a28-8d7c-46289be828c8">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Btrightfirefly, good luck!!! If you've sent out your resume before in the application process, I wouldn't bring it. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. Do tell them about the things you liked about the former job, that you were good at and would apply here. I'm supposed to hear from my job interview today and I can't wait anymore. I have NO PATIENCE. But I guess I should not vent about that. There was this tragic accident today with a Belgian bus in Switzerland where 28 people were killed, 22 kids were among them.  People here are mourning. It's so sad.
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was actually going to make a post in your attention today to see if you had heard anything. :: crosses fingers :: Hoping for the best!

On the other note -
    Oh wow - what a terrible accident. :o(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck, Firefly! I'm sure you'll do great! @mekiakoo- house-closing/loan getting/all the financial bleeding you need to do to become home owners = the devil (no real other way to put it). Fingers are crossed for you!

As for WTFs, nothing to vent about today since it is beautiful here too. I'm hoping to go for a long walk (to kohl's) and hopefully find a shower dress or outfit. Not really a vent as much as a grump is that I'm crazy jealous of my employed friends. Schools aren't really hiring counselors yet and those who will typically don't announce it till the summer but it sucks now being the only one who is still solely a student
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Littlemoments I am with you!!! I think i could have a really nice car right now!

My wtf is that I pulled something in my back picking up the stupid hose carrier thing and now I am so much pain that it is killing me sitting at my desk all damn day, oh and ontop of all that I woke up and had a OH SH!T WHAT TIME IS IT?! moment.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

my WTF is that after a few years (years!) of not weighing myself regularly (I fluctuate a LOT and am super big boned/muscular so weight can be a frustrating topic for me)....I have gotten back in the obsessive habit of weighing myself every morning. So frustrating and annoying to see the fluctuations!! I actually had lost 8 lbs. since the last time I weighed myself probably like 5-6 months ago...but now I am obsessing over every fluctuation and it is annoying.  I took my obsession to another level by doing all sorts of BMI calculations, waist-hip ratio calculations, etc.  Sigh. Lady's post REALLY just made me want to stop the fluctuating and lose some weight for real, but who knows if it will ever happen!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:e237fa1e-16d1-448c-9270-ad8296ce88b0">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hang in there mekiakoo! What happens if they don't respond in 72 hours?
    Posted by ceglare4[/QUOTE]

If they don't, I'm going to die.

Kidding- it'll just mean more waiting for us. I can't take it much longer!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:684a3bda-e41f-4ba8-9917-7a41214fec59">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Is it overkill to bring a resume? lol.
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

It is not overkill at all. I always bring a copy of my resume, mostly so I can look at what the hiring person is looking at while asking me questions, so that I don't trip up and forget what I wrote on there. (I get nervous too.)

As for WTF, my WTF is HOW IS OUR WEDDING IN FOUR MONTHS?!?!?!!! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:370f142c-a945-4032-80c8-35ea6f1232e7">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday : If they don't, I'm going to die. Kidding- it'll just mean more waiting for us. I can't take it much longer!
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

<div>I know what you mean! I'm really hoping you'll hear back soon, waiting is so annoying. You've been waiting long enough!</div><div>
    </div><div>Overhere it's 4pm, so I'm wondering if they are going to call me today. Or if this is a bad sign and I didn't make the cut and they want to reach the person who got the job first but can't or... so annoying.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:1016573c-6ef8-49a3-a971-e7e41b94b1bd">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]my WTF is that after a few years (years!) of not weighing myself regularly (I fluctuate a LOT and am super big boned/muscular so weight can be a frustrating topic for me)....I have gotten back in the obsessive habit of weighing myself every morning. So frustrating and annoying to see the fluctuations!! I actually had lost 8 lbs. since the last time I weighed myself probably like 5-6 months ago...but now I am obsessing over every fluctuation and it is annoying.  I took my obsession to another level by doing all sorts of BMI calculations, waist-hip ratio calculations, etc.  Sigh. Lady's post REALLY just made me want to stop the fluctuating and lose some weight for real, but who knows if it will ever happen!
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Butterfly, you're GORGEOUS. I know it's frustrating to look at the scale, but honestly, you eat healthy and you exercise all the time. Whatever amount you weigh on a daily basis isn't as important and making sure your body is happy and well nourished and healthy. And you're doing that.

It's easy to get caught up in BMI calculation, waist-hip ratios, etc. but honestly, that stuff is so inaccurate it's not even funny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:e3d78a96-194f-40fc-8422-d3cc23939125">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's easy to get caught up in BMI calculation, waist-hip ratios, etc. but honestly, that stuff is so inaccurate it's <strong>not even funny.</strong>
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

<div>True. Nothing funny about weight norms & standards. </div>
  • Options
    Brightfirefly - good luck today, I'm sure you'll knock their socks off!

Butterflyjumper - I do the same thing.  Toss the scale out and get a tape measurer!  Since I started taking my measurements, I've been much happier.  That way, if the scale says I've gained a pound or two, I can see with my handy dandy tape measurer that I haven't gained any inches and not freak out.

mekiakoo - Waiting is the worst especially with all the hoops they've made you guys jump through.  I'm sure you'll be posting soon with good news!

My biggest WTF is still that frackin aisle runner!  I didn't do much on it at all yesterday after I burned my finger so badly.  My finger seriously looks like it's mutated because the blister is so big.  I want it in a bad way, but I'm not sure I can tackle it in only 18 weeks.

We're also still struggling with fleas, bleh.  I've never had this problem before, but I guess the mild winter coupled with being in the country and having twice as many animals is making this difficult.  Thankfully, my sister is coming with her kiddos for the rest of spring break (they would rather come here than Florida, how cool of an aunt am I?) and she's bringing the RX flea stuff and the stuff she used to treat her yard so we should be flea free at last very soon!  My sister will be helping with the aisle runner, too so maybe we'll get a big chunk done on that!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:e3d78a96-194f-40fc-8422-d3cc23939125">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday : Butterfly, you're GORGEOUS. I know it's frustrating to look at the scale, but honestly, you eat healthy and you exercise all the time. Whatever amount you weigh on a daily basis isn't as important and making sure your body is happy and well nourished and healthy. And you're doing that. It's easy to get caught up in BMI calculation, waist-hip ratios, etc. but honestly, that stuff is so inaccurate it's not even funny.

you are sweet :) and you are right...the scale doesn't REALLY matter. I think part of what added to my frustration today is that I started my period yesterday, and then proceeded to skip my weight lifting session to run to my apartment after work and eat some raw cookie dough out of the tube and sit on my couch like a bum.  EPIC FAILURE ALERT!! hahaha. at least the cookie dough was delicious.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:88a9643f-80a3-46b6-a414-f84531c8168e">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday : you are sweet :) and you are right...the scale doesn't REALLY matter. I think part of what added to my frustration today is that I started my period yesterday, and then proceeded to skip my weight lifting session to run to my apartment after work and <strong>eat some raw cookie dough out of the tube and sit on my couch like a bum.</strong>  EPIC FAILURE ALERT!! hahaha. at least the cookie dough was delicious.

I actually go out of work yesterday at a decent hour, could have hypothetically gone to the gym, but instead went home and ate half a box of Kraft mac & cheese. This was after I had kind of already had a salad for dinner :) It happens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:c11f8315-9730-4351-82e0-edb4b8bd7103">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WTF Wednesday : I actually go out of work yesterday at a decent hour, could have hypothetically gone to the gym, but <strong>instead went home and ate half a box of Kraft mac & cheese</strong>. This was after I had kind of already had a salad for dinner :) It happens.

lovelovelove...thank you for making me feel better, haha!

Why is it that although I am 100% capable of making homemade, delicious, fancy-cheese macaroni and cheese (and in fact I have been told by many that my homemade baked mac and cheese is restaurant quality good), that sometimes the only thing I want in the entire world is a blue box of Kraft Mac and Cheese? it makes no sense but happens to me a lot.
  • Options
    Oooo and I saw on Pinterest (of course I saw on Pinterest) a recipe for fake cookie dough made with oats and agave nectar. I'll try to find it for you. It's a healthy take on raw cookie dough, apparently. I wanted to bookmark it but I forgot to do so!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:1016573c-6ef8-49a3-a971-e7e41b94b1bd">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]my WTF is that after a few years (years!) of not weighing myself regularly (I fluctuate a LOT and am super big boned/muscular so weight can be a frustrating topic for me)....I have gotten back in the obsessive habit of weighing myself every morning. So frustrating and annoying to see the fluctuations!! I actually had lost 8 lbs. since the last time I weighed myself probably like 5-6 months ago...but now I am obsessing over every fluctuation and it is annoying.  I took my obsession to another level by doing all sorts of BMI calculations, waist-hip ratio calculations, etc.  Sigh. Lady's post REALLY just made me want to stop the fluctuating and lose some weight for real, but who knows if it will ever happen!

If it makes you feel any better I have been doing kickboxing for 2 months now and the scale is just starting to budge.  HOWEVER my clothes have gotten pretty big in the waist.  So even though the scale was not changing for my first 6 weeks I was still noticing a difference so I think I was losing inches and gaining muscle.  Just stick with it and you will see results.  My biggest thing was finding an exercise that I love and don't mind doing 4-5 days a week.  Plus I pay a lot of money for my classes!!  So that makes me go so I can justify spending the money lol. 

I also go through stages where I will weigh myself every morning.   Ha I don't weigh myself on feeling fat days.  I just do it on the skinny days!!  And I always retain water during my period so I don't even let myself step on the scale that week!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Alright - I have a vent now. :p

Went to the interview - and was rejected within the first 2 seconds..literally.

Because I need days off for the nursing practicum this summer and the honeymoon..which is fair enough

EXCEPT why bother to drag me all the way in for an interview..when I put on the flippin application that I needed those days off?....It's not like it's a sudden development..

Ugh. He didn't even bother to interview me...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bright - That's fucking bullshit.  You wanna know why they dragged you in?  Most likely because they had to fill some stupid interview quota. 

I've been on so many interviews since last summer and 9 times out of 10 they already had the position filled before I even got called in.  Job hunting is the WORST.  Interviews are such a waste of time.

I have minor vents today.... just waiting on the bank's preapproval figures so we can start thinking of putting in an offer on a house.  Oh, and my veil is sitting in a box on my front porch right now and I'm DYING to check it out and it's SOOOO nice outside right now and I'm stuck here in this shitty office!!!!  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Also... seriously with the skinny girls complaining about their weight in this thread?

Come on now....  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My vent today is all about work!!! I am soooo sick of the BS!! Just because I am a girl and I'm actively planning my wedding doesn't mean I can't do my job!! I am so sick of guys taking over. Today I got called into a meeting informing me where the source code will be saved for a project i am the HEAD of!! like WTF?!?! I can not wait to get back from the honeymoon and start applying for jobs besides this one!!! 

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:b6908e71-424c-47e2-b947-ca0042364c05">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also... seriously with the skinny girls complaining about their weight in this thread? Come on now....  :)
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

<div>Totally second this!!!!</div>

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wtf-wednesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bbd0ea59-3f4b-4e7b-8074-1479f9571a9aPost:c12607dc-772f-472e-ba58-87dcd4966610">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bright - That's fucking bullshit.  You wanna know why they dragged you in?  Most likely because they had to fill some stupid interview quota.  I've been on so many interviews since last summer and 9 times out of 10 they already had the position filled before I even got called in.  Job hunting is the WORST.  Interviews are such a waste of time. I have minor vents today.... just waiting on the bank's preapproval figures so we can start thinking of putting in an offer on a house.  Oh, and my veil is sitting in a box on my front porch right now and I'm DYING to check it out and it's SOOOO nice outside right now and I'm stuck here in this shitty office!!!!  :)
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Yeah - it's frustrating. I completely understand WHY my days off would be a problem - but then just tell me upfront..on the application.Lol. Annoying.

It's beautiful here too. :o) Like high 70's and sunny. Abuela and I keep dueling over the balcony door. I keep opening it (it has a screen) to let the sunshine in and the warm air...and everytime I leave the room..she keeps closing it..lol..I dunno why.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My grandmother does the same thing at her house!  It can be 75 and sunny with a beautiful breeze and she'll have the house shut up tight, so inside it's stifling.  Maybe it's an old lady thing.... 

Not me, my windows are opened year-round.  Fresh air!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am assuming these "skinny girl" comments are about me here?

I was attempting to voice some complaints about my relationship with the scale and the issues I have had my whole life with weighing myself/obsessions with weighing myself and some associated body image issues...I wasn't actually trying to complain about my weight persay.

I thought people might be able to relate to these issues and it made me feel better to hear the comments from those who have had similar struggles, but I am sorry if my WTF was offensive to anyone Embarassed
  • Options
    Butterfly there is no such thing as an offensive WTF unless of course it's just downright mean lol. I think k8888 was mostly kidding. Just as a side note, I think that a lot of people don't realize that thin girls can have body issues too. When I was younger I had a friend that's just one of those naturally thin not an ounce of fat on her body type of girls and I was always SO jealous of her and never understood why she had body issues. Turned out she thought she was TOO thin and sickly looking, so it can go both ways. I know very few women that are 100% confident with their bodies.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards