Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Bermuda

Hi girls,Has anyone been to Bermuda?  I'm cruising there on my honeymoon in less than a month and would like some suggestions and what to do and what to see?  We will be there for 3 days.Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bermuda

• Options
    Which port are you cruising into? Hamilton is fun for shopping and the dock yard is fun for swimming with the dolpins! Have fun! ~erin~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I cruised to Bermuda in 2004 for a wedding.  We didn't book any excursions, just took cabs to the beach.  It's more upscale than Mexico or Jamaica so there's not much to worry about.
  • Options
    You must visit Horshoe Bay, it is the best  beach on the island IMO.Rent a scooter and drive around the island.
    Spring Break 2013
  • Options
    Horseshoe!
    Spring Break 2013
  • Options
    Definitely rent a scooter for the few days you'll be there.  It's really fun and cheaper than taking cabs around.  Check out the Swizzle Inn for lunch and there's a bunch of small beaches along the coast to go to if you don't want the crowd at Horseshoe Bay.  Hope you have fun.  It's a great place!
  • Options
    I love Bermuda and have been there many times. Horseshoe Bay is beautiful and the cruise ship will tell you to go there b/c it is the only public beach with a lifeguard. If you are brave rent a scooter. Most ships are now docking in Dockyard but the have a night during the week where the shops are open later and have local vendors. Hamilton has a similar night called Harbor night which is on Wednesday.The Swizzle Inn is nice just takes forever, I was there a few weeks ago.Just remember Bermuda is expensive. There is a rum cake factory at the dockyard which makes great rum cake.Drink a dark n' stormy and rum swizzle!
  • Options
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I think Horseshoe Bay is a bit overrated.  As beautiful as it might be, it was SO crowded when we were there, we couldn't even find a place to put down our towel!  If you are facing the ocean on Horseshoe Bay beach, just walk to your left and you'll find some small trails.  Follow the trails and you'll come to cove after cove of secluded, empty, GORGEOUS beaches.  H and I were in one of the coves for hours and no one else ever even came by!  It was amazing.I also agree that if you're brave, rent a scooter.  Bermuda's public transportation is really great but you can go to some more secluded and hidden spots with a scooter.
  • Options
    Tobacco Bay - Near St. George's. If you are on a large ship, you probably won't dock here. Just take a bus over and you can walk or take a taxi to it. Small beach, has GREAT snorkeling. You can also get a tube and just float around in the water all day. There are a lot of large rocks to jump off of, and also protecting you from the open sea. St. George's - a small town, not busy. But, it has some great places if you want to get some good photos. And it has cute little shops. Hamilton - the "busy" city. They have a lot of shopping. If you are lucky, they will have a street fair one night when your cruise ship is in port. This is definitely worth it! Lot's of entertainment and local vendors. There is also a place to eat, Barracuda's. Definitely worth it, and don't forget to try the Mohito's. Horeshoe Bay - pink, sandy beach! Take a walk down a ways, you won't be disappointed. Royal Naval Dockyard - If your ship is here, you will definitely have to take a bus to the other places. But, the bus is totally worth the trip - it's a blast! Anyways, try to take the Catamaran excursion from here, during the day. The staff on the catamaran is great. You get on, they have music, food, cookies, and then stop for snorkeling. Also, there is an old shopping center over by where the fort is. Has some local crafters. Try to find the Bermuda glassworks. They make all sorts of glass things. The jewelry is pretty cool. There is also a pretty neat bar in the fort, if you want to get out for a night if you dock for multiple nights. I love Bermuda. We went a few years ago on a cruise too. It's clean, and when I talk about the vendors, it's not like the Carribean where it can be touristy type things. Alot of it is very nicely maid, and one of a kind. Also, try Bermuda.com. The island is so small, that you really can go anywhere. You can buy a bus pass in Hamilton and go all over. I would be careful if you decide to get a moped. The roads are very small, and people drive very fast, on the other side of the road. Have fun, I am sooo jealous!
  • Options
    I love Tobacco Bay. Tiny beach, but really nice. Def rent a scooter. Its the best way to get around. They will meet you with a scooter right at your cruise ship. They come back to pick it up too.
  • Options
    We will be docking at Kings Warf.  Thanks for all of the tips girls.  I will be sure to take all of this info with me.  I can't wait and this makes me even more excited!!  I just need to get the wedding jitters out of the way!!  12 more days until the big day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards