Honeymoon Discussions

honeymoon help needed!!

Hi, my name is Erin and i have lurked here many times but usually just use my local board. We are at the critical honeymoon planning stages right now and I am need of expert advice.. We are honeymooning on a budget and I was wondering if we can go anywhere else but mexico?? we would love hawaii but TA priced it out to be around 4, 500 for seven days and we also asked about sandals St. Lucia and that was around the same . Anyone find any thing around 3, 500? Our TA told us all inclusives would be our best bet, but Hawaii doesn't do those, and I am afraid I will be bored anywhere else. What else do you do at sandals resorts other than eat and sunbathe?:)

Re: honeymoon help needed!!

• Would you be open to cruising? That would give you the more exotic locations for a lesser price, typically.  Or, maybe consider going for a shorter time, if your heart is set on St. Lucia.  You could try one or two less nights to see if you can make it work.  All inclusives are great, but also do some research on budget hotels. Tripadvisor.com is a great source and gives loads of under the radar places that are priced less and just as great as the brand name resorts, ie Rockhouse in Jamaica.
  • I'm not sure what type of honeymoon you are looking for but Puerti Rico is a good option. San Juan is gorgeous and they have beaches and other nice places to visit + is cheap!
  • If you are truly interested in going to Hawaii, consider staying in a condo. Our entire trip for 14 days, 2 islands, jeep rental (the entire time) and airfare is $4,900! You should be able to find something in Hawaii within your budget for 7 days.
  • We're going to Sandals Antigua and we plan on a few snorkeling trips (they're included), as well as some other tours. There's plenty to do in St Lucia.
    imageimageimage
  • I called nancy from island getaways today and she wants us to rethink mexico and Excellene playa del something...anyone know or stayed in an excellence? She also thinks we should look into dominican republic, so sounds like we are headed in the right direction. nancy totally made me feel like we would have a great honeymoon
  • We're going to Costa Rica. The flight is only five hours from JFK, so the flight wasn't expensive. Nice hotels are reasonably priced. All-inclusives are expensive though, so we're staying at a resort, but it's not AI. Plus, there's tons to do: volcanoes, canopy tours, bird sanctuaries, hiking in the rainforest, scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, etc.
  • I did an affordable honeymoon to Costa Rica. It was through www.memorablecostarica.com. With airfare, for 7 days, including all transfers, breakfasts, hotel, and 3 excursions it cost about $2,600. It was an amazing honeymoon! We went to 3 different areas, we went ziplining in the cloud forest, then to the hot springs near the Volcano, and then sailing on the ocean.  If you'd like to know more, let me know!!Alyssa
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jamaica, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica are all great, affordable options!  I think we stayed in Jamaica for 10 nights for about $5,000ish.  You could easily get away with a 6-7 night stay for $3500 if you go for a lower room level.Also consider a cruise. 
  • We are using Nancy from myislandgetaways and she totally steered us in the right direction and we were totally all over the map. You are in great hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards