Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandals St. Lucia or Antigua?

Hi everyone,We are planning our honeymoon and trying to decide between the Sandals in Antigua or one of the ones on St. Lucia. Does anyone have any input or stories about visiting one or the other?Thanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sandals St. Lucia or Antigua?

• Options
    My sister and brother-in-law went to St. Lucia and loved everything about it. I have heard more things about St. lucia than Antigua, maybe more people just go to St. Lucia. I am sure they are both nice though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We booked Antigua. Out of the 3 in St Lucia, one didn't look that nice to us, one was way too big (with shuttle buses to your room!) and the other was too expensive for what it was. Antigua was perfect, so we booked it!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    We stayed at the Grande in St. Lucia and loved it. Can not wait to go back!I've got a review of our time there and about 200 pics in the links below my siggy pic. I'm not sure which resort in St. Lucia pp is talking about with having to take shuttle buses to your room. Halcyon is the smallest and from what I hear kinda old. Regency would be the middle of the road one and Grande would be the largest and most opulant (sp?) As I said we stayed at the Grande which is the biggest and we certainly did not need to take a shuttle bus to our room.  The resort is big but not that big. HTH and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.  We haven't hit Antigua yet but it is on our list.
  • Options
    We were also between these two and decided Antigua.  Our TA said that Antigua's sand is more white and the ocean is more that crystal blue you think of when you think carribbean.  I have been to the caribbean but my poor FI has not left the country so we wanted to give him the best experience of the carribbean.TA also said that St. Lucia, because it has volcanoes and mountains and such that if a storm comes through, it tends to get held up longer because of the mountains and Antigua is flat so it blows through...don't know how true this is but it convinced us!
  • Options
    can't speak from personal experience and we were between the two but we fell for Antigua and booked it. The water there looks soooo amazing!
  • Options
    I am a big fan of St. Lucia. The island was breathtaking and I love that it is so untouched and not comercial. We may be haeding to Antigua next...can't make up our minds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards