Honeymoon Discussions

Moorea/Bora Bora

My FI and I plan to book our honeymoon within the next week.  We have a TA who's been somewhat helpful because she was just there.  However, I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on these hotels:Moorea- TA said to stay at the Intercontinentalhowever, I've read great things about Sofitel and HiltonBora Bora- We're deciding between the IC Thalasso and the Four SeasonsAll of these are a little price/deal permitting, but we definitely want the best place we can for the amount we want to spend.TIA for your help!

Re: Moorea/Bora Bora

• If you read trip advisor.com they have GREAT tips on which hotels to book. We're going with the Pearl on Moorea. The reviews are excellent and it's saving us $2000 over Hilton.
  • Thanks. I have been on Tripadvisor.  Which is part of the reason I now really want to stay at the Hilton in Moorea.  However, I don't really want to stay in an OWB because I am going to stay in one in Bora Bora.  I know it will save a bit of money.  We've now heard that some of the hotels wont issue their packages until Oct/Nov.  Our only issue is we want to use points.
  • In Moorea we stayed at the Pearl because I wanted the bungalow with private plunge pool since in Bora Bora we wanted to stay in an OWB. I LOVED the Pearl.In Bora Bora we stayed at the Hilton Nui and I would highly recommend it.Out of the choices you listed, I would do Sofitel in Moorea (it's BREATHTAKING the view of the lagoon from the hotel) and Intercontinental in Bora Bora. Four Seasons is very luxurious but there is very little sea life under your bungalow if you wanted to snorkel around your room. Very beautiful color water though and fantastic view of the mountain.
  • I think we're going to end up going with the Hilton in Moorea and the Four Seasons in Bora Bora.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards