Honeymoon Discussions

Pick One

We're stumped on the honeymoon. Srsly. Two hotels, same area, both by the ocean. We really love them both. I'm actually thinking of just staying 2 nights at both since they're literally right next to each other, but we hate packing and unpacking and repacking, and 2 nights isn't long enough to hang stuff up. So here's the basic layout of them both, and you tell me which one you would choose and why. Hotel 1 - http://tinyurl.com/l2rd6m. Scroll to the bottom of the screen where there's a bunch of pictures of the Penthouse Suites. We're looking at Penthouse 4.  Suite is in a new wing just built in July. It has a balcony, and the room is pretty big, lovely furnishings but rather spartan (think European). Has a jacuzzi, but it's in the bathroom so no good views from it. The main room has AMAZING views. The pool has a great view and a swim up bar. It comes with breakfast, lunch and free drinks until 7pm. Hotel 2 - http://tinyurl.com/lzfy3y. We're looking at the one at the top of the page which is the Jacuzzi Penthouse suites (more pictures are in the "Our Suites" section).  Suite is not new but much more "cozy" (ie smaller). The room layout is really neat (one big room) and the furnishings are more "local", but no balcony. Room also has awesome views - jacuzzi is in the same room as the bed so views are available. The pool is a bust - small, no view, no bar. It comes with breakfast only, but the cost is $120 less than hotel 1.Hotel 1, Hotel 2, or 2 nights in each? Halp.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Pick One

• Both look nice to me. If you want some really good reviews of those two places, head to www.tripadvisor.comYou'll have hundreds of reviews right there to help you decide. :)
  • I think you should just do one hotel, less hassle.  I like Hotel #2 the best.  For reasons like you mentioned - the decor is more local, and it's still luxurious looking.  I like that the jacuzzi is in the room, instead of the other one where it's in the bathroom...then it's just more like a tub.  You mentioned that it didn't have a balcony, but the description says included are 2 sunbathing beds on the terrace.  That's pretty cool.  I like that everything is one room, all the windows are really nice too.I use tripadvisor.com for reviews before I go anywhere and both hotels have an 88% recommend rate by other guests.
  • I've actually been to Trip Advisor already, both hotels are rated pretty close to each other so no help there.I guess the suite I would like (the one with the great view) doesn't come with a balcony.  Others do, but the view is not as nice.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• If you're torn and one is that much cheaper, go with it. My vote is #2.
  • Do just one... if you're only going for 4 nights you don't want to have to leave just as soon as youre getting settled in... I like #2 better from the pics...
  • I like number 2. If you are only stay there for 2 nights I def wouldnt more between the 2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd go with #1. I LOVE sitting out on a balcony and watching the sunrise and set. I'm not really one for having a bathtub in the bedroom, so that's not a selling point for me. I do agree though - no.1 does feel a bit spartan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards