July 2012 Weddings
Options

Disagreement Vent

FI is killing me. I haven't talked wedding to him in probably 2 months for exactly this reason. We can't agree on anything and it's exhausting. Today I decided I'd bring up reception tables since we'll be meeting with the venue lady soon and the last time we met with her, we ended up not deciding anything. He's extremely visual and I was soo excited that today I found a picture very similar to what I was envisioning for the tables for him to look at.

He just dropped the bomb on me that he highly dislikes the color purple. Yes, the main color of our scheme, purple, pink and red. Apparently he dislikes it as much I dislike red, which is a lot. I compromised and added it because he loves it so much. But now he's telling me he hates purple and the last thing he wants is for it to be the main color. Red won't be the main color, leaving pink and that's a no right off the bat. Our compliment color is silver, but we both agree (wow!!) that too much silver will make the space look cold and empty. For a small 70 person wedding, that's the last thing we want. So he suggests what if we get a new main color, or change colors completely. Basically in my mind I was thinking seriously WTF!! We're at 3 months out and we're talking about choosing color schemes?! I kindly reminded him we already sent out invites that have our color scheme alllll over it AND our centerpieces picked out, there's no going back.

Ughhh I'm so frustraed! I had our whole plan already set out.. linens, chair cushions, chair sashes, napkins all of it!  And I'm constanly racking my brain trying to find that something that we'll both like but when he hates it, he doesn't have any better ideas either. Anyway after a long tiring discussion, it looks like we can settle on toning down the main color by adding one or two table runners in a different color. What these colors will be? Who knows. But I'm hoping they'll be purple and silver. Either way I'm still annoyed because by adding two colors to the table, we'll have to figure out a whole new plan for chair cushions, chair sashes, napkins, chargers etc etc. that won't be overload. Annoying sh!t like this makes me want to go to a restaurant after the ceremony and call it a frickin day. I'm just glad it's a small wedding, if it were larger the frustrations would be even bigger. Sigh. Thanks for listening guys. I'll go pull my hair out now! LOL

Re: Disagreement Vent

• Options
    dude. I totally understand that. Whenever FI decides to get involved, we never agree on colors or anything. And he always makes things soooooo dfficult. But why the heck did your Ricardo wait so long to speak up about purple?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    woah FI!  sometimes he is a piece of work! bahaha...but I'm glad you figured it out!! It'll work out =)  Just remember to breathe!
  • Options
    Briiiight!! Haiii!! How's life? We miss you around here! We even paged you like a week ago to see if you were still around lol! Glad to see you :D

I know right? I know we're both getting married, but sometimes I wish I could just take care of all the details by myself hahaha. A lot of times my Ricardo will say he seriously dislikes something until he actually sees it live and how it all works together. This whole time I've been thinking this is one of those cases and he just has to see it to realize how perfect it is. But if he's now claiming to hate purple as much as he says he does, I'm not so sure that seeing it in person will even do any good :(
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_disagreement-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bef3a79f-b41e-4963-b0e1-4971028f0dd0Post:7c62787f-026e-4a1c-a32b-9f641d11485e">Re: Disagreement Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]woah FI!  sometimes he is a piece of work! bahaha...but I'm glad you figured it out!! It'll work out =)  Just remember to breathe!
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I do need to breathe haha ;-) But you're totally right, I think we'll be able to work things out in the end. Table runners seem to be helping lol
  • Options
    I would've completely lost my shiit if FI did this right now. I mean it's not the end of the world but it's stressful, especially when you already have stuff done.

Do you think he might just be sick of the colour in general and that's why he hates it? I've heard people end up hating their weddng colours sometimes because you look at them for so long. Either way, you compromised on a colour you hate, so can he.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh geez I'm so sorry to hear this Nati.  Can you incorporate a nice aqua/blue color? It seems a bit late to just start having feelings against colors.  Maybe Avs is right and he is just sick of purple at this point.

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_disagreement-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bef3a79f-b41e-4963-b0e1-4971028f0dd0Post:f0c618f1-01b3-429b-b8c1-5d89b0f1d9d9">Re: Disagreement Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Briiiight!! Haiii!! How's life? We miss you around here! We even paged you like a week ago to see if you were still around lol! Glad to see you :D I know right? I know we're both getting married, but sometimes I wish I could just take care of all the details by myself hahaha. A lot of times my Ricardo will say he seriously dislikes something until he actually sees it live and how it all works together. This whole time I've been thinking this is one of those cases and he just has to see it to realize how perfect it is. But if he's now claiming to hate purple as much as he says he does, I'm not so sure that seeing it in person will even do any good :(
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

Heya. :o) I'm still around - just I don't have much free time anymore. :o\ But - I have more money in my pocket - so yay. I actually just won a scholarship for half my tuition for next year - so more money - yay.

I totally agree with you on the just wanting to take care of the details yourself..but FI is currently printing all our DIY invitations - I'll have to post pictures of the completed one later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_disagreement-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bef3a79f-b41e-4963-b0e1-4971028f0dd0Post:956a487e-b6a9-4b1a-8e1e-e395449c1ae2">Re: Disagreement Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would've completely lost my shiit if FI did this right now. I mean it's not the end of the world but it's stressful, especially when you already have stuff done. Do you think he might just be sick of the colour in general and that's why he hates it? I've heard people end up hating their weddng colours sometimes because you look at them for so long. Either way, <strong>you compromised on a colour you hate, so can he.</strong>
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

<div>I really agree with this. It seems like you do way more of the compromising than he does.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sort of in your shoes...FI admitted today that he isn't crazy with our choice or wisteria vests/ties for the GM. BM dresses are wisteria. Guys are wearing gray tuxedos, FI is in gray vest/tie. Now I'm wondering if we should ditch the wisteria vests/ties and have GM in gray vests/ties, FI in white vest, gray tie...
    ~ES~
  • Options
    Thanks guys. And that's exactly how I feel Avs.. it's not the end of the world but it sure as hell is getting on my nerves!!! You know Michelle, aqua/ turquoise with these colors was our original scheme.. I don't remember what happened but I think he didn't like it. Maybe after getting sick of purple he'll take a nice aqua instead lol. I just might keep that as plan B.

I think what we'll need to do is not have a primary, main color per se but find a way to mix them all together. Like in the invites.. good point Schatzi! Except I have no idea how to translate that into a table hahaha. I'll take any suggestions! ;-)

Bright congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!! :D
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_disagreement-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bef3a79f-b41e-4963-b0e1-4971028f0dd0Post:f332684b-de79-44df-be7c-81b1fe40ff7c">Re: Disagreement Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys. And that's exactly how I feel Avs..<strong> it's not the end of the world but it sure as hell is getting on my nerves!!!</strong> You know Michelle, aqua/ turquoise with these colors was our original scheme.. I don't remember what happened but I think he didn't like it. Maybe after getting sick of purple he'll take a nice aqua instead lol. I just might keep that as plan B. I think what we'll need to do is not have a primary, main color per se but find a way to mix them all together. Like in the invites.. good point Schatzi! Except I have no idea how to translate that into a table hahaha. I'll take any suggestions! ;-) Bright congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!! :D
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

Nati, I feel your pain. FI and I never agree on anything and we both always have to explain to each other why each other's pick is the best and go from there. Goodluck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards