July 2012 Weddings
Options

Holy crap I'm pregnant!

I have been in shock for the last 24 hours. I don't even know what to think or do at this point. I mean I'm beyond thrilled, but we've been trying for a long time to get pregnant and I was trying at one point with my ex-fiance. I thought something was wrong with me, but I started doing Zumba all the time and apparently it jump started things. I am used to getting negative tests and that being normal. The pregnancy test I took yesterday was instantly positive! I am freaking out because I have no idea how far along I could be, since my cycles are so screwed up and irregular. My last period was end of December, but that doesn't count for anything with as irregular as I am. So with the calculations, I'm due anywhere between Sept. 26 and Dec. 1. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment to find out more information.

So that being said, now I have the dilemma of using my wedding dress and just leaving it a little bigger, or finding one that's more pregnancy friendly. I guess it will depend on the due date. So I had to share with someone since only my FI, mom, and 2 friends know at this point.
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Holy crap I'm pregnant!

• Options
    MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012

Congrats. 
    With that being said you may not want to be telling anyone until you get to the doctor and have a confirmation and also until you hit your 2 month mark (just in case something happens).

As far as your wedding dress situation, you may want to wait. If your still very early, by the time July rolls around you may be barely showing and so you may still be able to wear your current dress.  Either way, congrats again

. Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    Congrats! That's an exciting and anxious feeling both. I was 4 months pregnant when I married my ex. It's totally doable, and like pp said, you may not even need a new dress. With a first pregnancy many women don't even start to show until 5 or 6 months. I was lucky because my dress had a corset back so it gave me the extra room I needed. And yes I would also wait until 10-12 weeks into the pregnancy to tell people just in case. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!! That is such awesome news.  I would definitely go see a doctor before you announce to too many people about the pregnancy.  I hope it all goes well with the dress.

Anniversary
  • Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Congratulations! I am so happy for you, especially since you've been trying for a long time! See what your doctors say then go from there.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012

congratulations! I agree with the others. Let us know how you make out at the Dr's.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Let us know what happens after your appointment! :)
  • Options
    Congratulations. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes well. :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!!  Hope the dr. appointment goes well!!! Let us know how it goes!!!  I think this will give hope to my FSIL & her hubby!!!  She is like you in that department!!  *crosses fingers* for you!!!
  • Options
    That's awesome!
  • Options
    OMGosh!  Congratulations!  So exciting!  As everyone else said wait and see what you find our from your doctor before deciding anything or telling to many people.  With my first I was due in November and was barely showing in July so you may be able to wear your dress, no problem.  I never even bought maternity clothes with my first...with my 2nd I was showing much earlier and wore maternity clothes most of the pregnancy! :)
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Congratulations!! :)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    Went to the Doctor today and they just confirmed it with another urine test and then they referred me to an OBGYN and their office will contact me. So I won't know a better due date until they can get me in to do an ultrasound.

Also, I went to the hospital last night with my sister and my niece was born at 11:01pm! It's going to be a busy year for my dad haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    yay!!!  how exciting!! keep us updated!
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards