July 2012 Weddings

Ladies going to Aruba

I have done a ton of research on the best places to eat.  I actually just made 4 reservations now.  We have some friends who just got back from there and they said it is good to book them before you go b/c they book up fast. 

Let me know if you want my list.  I am leaving work for the day now but I will post them tomorrow if you want the names.
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Ladies going to Aruba

• Yes please! Thank you! You really think we need to book before we even get there?
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ditto!!
    Are you guys renting a car when you get there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That would be awesome!! Thanks Lady!!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't think we are planning on renting a car. Maybe for a day trip around the island though. We are going to book most all excursions once we get there and just go with the flow and play it by ear. It's my honeymoon and I will be so excited to not have an itinerary to follow :-)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yea, I hear you.  I definitely want to do the ATV-ing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Ladies going to Aruba:
    [QUOTE]I don't think we are planning on renting a car. Maybe for a day trip around the island though. We are going to book most all excursions once we get there and just go with the flow and play it by ear. It's my honeymoon and I will be so excited to not have an itinerary to follow :-)
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

Same.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_ladies-going-to-aruba?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bfd2917f-1032-4f2b-b465-d032211c1a87Post:f1d8da0a-07bf-45f8-bdf7-61b160c32143">Re: Ladies going to Aruba</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I don't think we are planning on renting a car. Maybe for a day trip around the island though.</strong> We are going to book most all excursions once we get there and just go with the flow and play it by ear. It's my honeymoon and I will be so excited to not have an itinerary to follow :-)

Same.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_ladies-going-to-aruba?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bfd2917f-1032-4f2b-b465-d032211c1a87Post:1c5a6b25-f9cb-4e31-9d4c-6234947b651b">Re: Ladies going to Aruba</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes please! Thank you! You really think we need to book before we even get there?

some of the places are small so they do book up.  We booked 4 places we are there for 9 nights so the other 5 we will just choose once we get down there.  Also we are staying at 2 different hotels so I did some research to see which ones were closer to which hotels so for us it just made sense to book some before we go.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_ladies-going-to-aruba?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:bfd2917f-1032-4f2b-b465-d032211c1a87Post:810b6d4d-d833-40e7-92d5-e00474a75d65">Re: Ladies going to Aruba</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto!! Are you guys renting a car when you get there?
    Posted by rachael7183[/QUOTE]

No we are not going to rent a car.
  • Ok so here are the restuarants that have got really good reviews.

Flying Fishbone- you eat outside on the beach with your feet in the water.  I have read several reviews that said to bring bug spray.

Screaming Eagle
    El Gaucho-awesome steak restaurant
    Madame Janettes-must have reservation
    Wacky Wahoo-awesome fish
    La Trattoria El Faro Blanco-Restaurant at the lighthouse great italian food and go for the sunset
  • Definitely go to Madame Janette's...best food I've ever eaten and so romantic.

Flying Fishbone was beautiful and so different from anywhere I've ever been! Definitely bring bug spray.

El Gaucho is great steak, and we went to a place called Pam Pam that had a good selection of budget friendly meals. It was also a really beautiful setting (not near a beach though).

I wouldn't bother renting a car as Aruba is really small and everywhere is accessible via walking or taxi which weren't that expensive. All the excursions are easily booked through your hotel as well. If you want some fun and nightlife go on the Kuku bus. It was a fun way to meet people too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image170 Made the cut!
    image 134 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 36 Are missing out!
    image 0 Are making us wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards