July 2012 Weddings
Options

It's going to be hot! Advice on water please

We are having an outdoor wedding and part of our reception will be outdoors, part in a barn, but no a/c. It will probably be in  the 90s which is hot for here in Montana.It will cool off probably around 7:30 (the wedding is at 5) We will have an open beer and wine bar with cash for hard alcohol. We are going to provide soda and water as well. How much water per person should we buy?  We were guessing 2 to 3 bottles per person, any advice?? And since I'm asking how much soda? We are having 200 guests.
*~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!

Re: It's going to be hot! Advice on water please

• Options
    I think we are going to provide water at the wedding bc it may be over 100 degrees here & the wedding will be at 3:30. We will do one per guest for that part. Our reception is inside so I don't have to worry about that. I would definitely provide 2-3 per guest for the reception or have big glass water dispenser filled with ice & water for guest so you don't end up with 100 unused bottles & 75 half empty bottles & a ton of trash. I'm not sure on soda. We need to figure this out too. We are going to have either lemonade or juice for the children but I want sodas for the non drinking adults.
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think 3 bottles per person is good & the same for soda.
  • Options
    Do you mean you'll need to bring in water for your guests? Or do you mean pay for water in advance so guests will not need to pay for it when they get one?

If it is the latter- maybe you can have a tab and then when the night is over, you can pay for the balance so you'll be paying for exactly amount of water your guests drink.

And I wonder if there is a running water at the venue? If so, would the tap water taste okay? Could probably use it for free. I love tap water.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would try and find water dispensers that you can fill with tap water to cut costs as much as possible.  That way you'll also reduce the uncertainity about it.  I would think 2-3 sodas per person as well.  I don't drink much soda but FI drinks my share as well whenever we go out.

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re: It's going to be hot! Advice on water please:
    [QUOTE]Do you mean you'll need to bring in water for your guests? Or do you mean pay for water in advance so guests will not need to pay for it when they get one? If it is the latter- maybe you can have a tab and then when the night is over, you can pay for the balance so you'll be paying for exactly amount of water your guests drink. And I wonder if there is a running water at the venue? If so, would the tap water taste okay? Could probably use it for free. I love tap water.
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

I have to purchase the water in advance, our bar service and I have an arrangement that they are only servicing alcohol.  All water, lemonade, soda, etc I provide. (All of the bar services i looked at wanted to charge me $1.50 per bottle with is outrageous!) There isn't drinking water available where we will be, people would have to fill them up where we get ready and carry them over to where we are at, which is maybe a 3 minute walk, but I fear with how many people there are that it would be a never ending job.
    *~The Future Mrs. Paine~*

*~Planning Bio Updated April 16th~*

image 331 invited image 107 are ready to party image 96 are missing out image 128 can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 30th!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards