Honeymoon Discussions

Hawaii HM Review (Maui)

We honeymooned in Hawaii Sept. 14th-28th. We stayed on Maui for 1 week and on the Big Island for 1 week. Here's my review of Maui: Maui - CONDO - Stayed at Aston Kaanapali Shores condo. 1 bedroom, garden view. This is a great conod complex with a small shopping center arcoss the street. There's 2 pools, 2 whirlpools and the most beaustiful beach you can ever image. It is a skinny beach but clean and wonderful. The room was nice, nothing special, but it has washer/dryer, a full kitchen and all the usual stuff (plates, cooking utesils and containers, coffee maker, etc...). The restaurant was okay - we had a $100 credit so ate there for dinner 1 night. Drinks were reasonable. Best thing about the condo was having the ability to make your own drinks and food. Java Jazz (coffee place) across the street had the best coffee on the block. ACTIVITIES Road to Hana - Loved it, we rented a convirtable Mustang and had the top down most of the way. Bought a CD as a guide, this was helpful, but the Maui Revealed was better. We did not stop in Hana and turn around - we continued on Route 31 and then through the upcountry on Rt. 37. Took the whole day, but we both agree this was the most beautiful sceanery we have ever seen. The road is a bit bumpy and not paved in spots, but don't be afraid - just do it! Haleakala Bike Co. - We biked down Haleakala with this Co. It was safe, fun and we started at 8:30am instead of the crazy 5:30am start time most Co.'s offer. We did not see the sunrise, but the ride was beautiful none the less. Old Lahaina Luau - Good food, good drinks and a great show. Well worth the price Pacific Whale Foundation Snorkel - We chose the snorkel trip to Molokini and Lana'i. They give you a simple breakfast (bagels, juice, coffee, fruit), snorkel at Molokini for 1 hours, get back on the boat, eat lunch and head over to Lana'i to snorkel for about 1 more hour. Whole trip lasts about 4-5 hours. On the way back to harbour there is an open bar. Staff was wonderful, educational without being overbearing and the food was decent as were the drinks. Iao Needle - Nice park, easy to find, great little side trip for the afternoon. If you get a chance go back on Route 340, which turns into Route 30 around the western trip of Maui. This will be the scariest drive you will ever make in your life, but a great experice to see the "real Maui". Tips - Get the Maui Revelaed Books and use them like your Bible. I brought this book with us everywhere. It has so much info. Rent a car!!! Hawaii is too beautiful and amazing to sit at your resort all day. There is so much to see and the island is very easy to get around. Get up early one day and go see the sugar cane fields on fire. This is just amazing, I've never seen anything like it before. Restaurants - Kimo's (Lahaina) The best Mahi Mahi and prime rib we've had in years. Gazebo Restaurant: Breakfast was good, but not worth $30 for 5 pancakes, coffee and a glass of juice. Stella Blues - Great food, good atmosphere, reasonable prices Moose McGillycuddy's - Good typical bar food, reasonablly priced

Re: Hawaii HM Review (Maui)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards