Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Dominican Republic

Has anyone stayed at an all inclusive in the Dominican?  We are looking to spend under 3800( for flight and hotel)

Thanks Girls:)

Re: Dominican Republic

• Options
    Yes, we really enjoyed P-na Cana. Try applevacations.com
  • Options
    Which resort did you stay at...Excellence Pnta Cana?

Thanks
  • Options
    We just got back from a week in the Dominican at the Melia Caribe Tropical all-inclusive resort in Pnta Cana.  I would NOT recommend it for a honeymoon though.  We spent a lot of time with three honeymooning couples and we were all frustrated with having to make dinner reservations every night.  Two couples had booked through Apple Vacations and while they all loved their rooms and jacuzzi tubs, the dinner situation caused more stress than it was worth.  Aside from the resort itself, the beaches were absolutely gorgeous and we would love to go back one day but stay at another resort. 
    BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
    BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
    BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to Excellence P*nta Cana next week for our first anniversary and have heard really great things.  We know several people that have been there and they all highly recommend it.   And for 7 days we paid less than that with airfare.
  • Options
    We stayed at the Melia and loved it ~ we weren't on our honeymoon though. Royal Service is definitely the only way to go if you stay here though! You have a seperate beach and priority seating at dinner!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    We stayed at NH Real Arena. that's where MH proposed to me :) We had a great stay. When we went the resort recently opened so it's fairly new. Great restaurants and some of the best food I have had at an AI. The staff was very friendly and we loved that our room had a balcony with a private hot tub.
  • Options
    FSIL went to Iberostar  Grand Bavaro for HM last summer and loved it so much that FIL's went for their anniversary 6 months later.
  • Options

The Dominican Republic is gorgeous! I would suggest you check out Dreams Palm Beach P*nta Cana. The resort is located on a beautiful beach and has three swimming pools. Dreams also offers activities such as beach volleyball, introductory scuba diving lessons, snorkeling, windsurfing and kayaking.  The food is amazing, as is the staff. They offer great entertainment both day and night. I can assure you won’t be bored if you chose to vacation to Dreams. Good luck with your decision!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards