Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Excellence Playa Mujeres v Valentin Imperial

We've narrowed down our honeymoon hotel to these two.  My biggest "must have" is an amazing room.  I checked on Tripadvisor and it seems that Excellence gets consistenly better reviews.  The rooftop terrace rooms at Excellence seem really beautiful with a huge balcony, but the inside of the room itself seems rather small considering what you're paying.  The Diamond Suites at Valentin Imperial seem gorgeous and huge, but Tripadvisor the reviews are scaring me a little.  Please help me decide!

Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres v Valentin Imperial

• Options
    I am going to Excellence Playa Mujeres so I choose that!! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My TA said there is not even a comparison in the 2 hotels - she said Valentin was def more of a budget place compared to Excellence. Probably why the tripadvisor reviews are always consistently better at EPM!
  • Options
    I'd definitely choose EPM. 
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    Hmmm, that's the first I've ever heard of the rooms being small at EPM.  Trust me, even if they are smaller in comparison to other places, you won't be dissappointed. IMO, the rooms are amazing.  There is a king size bed, sitting area with TV and table, bathroom w/shower big enough for two plus (though not sure who else would join you), plus a balcony (go for a higher floor, not swim up- they have no privacy at all) with an outdoor bed/table and chairs.  And, don't forget the indoor/outdoor hot tub!  That was by far the best part. If you go for the rooftop rooms, you even get an entire second story!  We did a regular room on the 4th floor for our HM last November and had more than enough room.

The only other place that I would say to check out if you aren't sold on EPM is The Royal.
  • Options
    We just decided to go to EPM because my friend went for her honeymoon in May. Her pictures are amazing. They stayed at the roof-top terrace and she raved about it and said that they rarely left their room because they had their private pool and room service brought anything they wanted. It looks gorgeous and I can't wait to go!!!

So I guess I'm voting EPM!!! Laughing
  • Options
    We went to EPM for our HM in May and loved it. We stayed in rooftop terrace room and it was amazing. The room was the perfect size for us. Much bigger than the typical hotel room. And having the terrace made it seem huge because it was like we had a whole new area to go to when we wanted to go up there.
  • Options
    We're going to Valentin and whiel it may be more budget friendly the reviews are awesome and I am so excited!!!
  • Options
    I'm going to the Valentin Imperial too in December for our honeymoon.  I was torn between the Excellence and the Valentin, but chose the latter.  I'm glad I did because I spoke with a travel agent who did my good friend's honeymoon and she told me the Valentin has better food!  Food is important to me:)

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.  It really is like a coin toss with these two: heads you win, tails you win too.

I'm excited!!!  Good luck!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It sounds like either place would be great, but we're leaning toward EPM.  Those rooftop terraces just sound incredible!
  • Options
    We've also booked EPM for our honeymoon in May! I cannot wait to go! We booked a standard suite for 10 days, as opposed to booking the rooftop suite for fewer days. Those rooftop suites look amazing but we really wanted to be able to stay longer than a week. My travel agent has been to both EPM and Valentin and based on what was most important to us (service, pools, room) she recommended EPM for us over Valentin.

Either way, you will have a blast! Have fun :)
    -Annmarie Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards