Honeymoon Discussions
Options

how many nights was your honeymoon?

i am trying to figure how how long to take off of work and i was wondering how many nights we should boom our honeymoon... it also depends on our budget, but it just made me curious!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: how many nights was your honeymoon?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Ours was 8 nights.  I think that was a good amount--by that time, I was tired of eating out every day, I was missing my daughter and my cats, etc., so it wasn't as hard to leave.  I just took a 7 night vacation and it was the same way.  By 7-8 nights, I'm ready to go home.
  • Options
    Ours was 7 nights, which was perfect. Normally I enjoy longer vacations, but we were already exhausted from the week leading up to the wedding and were ready to get home, unwrap our gifts, get settled, etc.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    Most of our vacations are a week, including our HM.

As for time off for the wedding, we got married on a Saturday, so I took the previous Thrusday and Friday off to prepare.  We honeymooned from Sunday to the following Sunday, and I also took that following Monday off as well to unpack, open gifts, etc.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    As the pps mentioned, a week is a normal amount of time. A lot depends on where you are going, though. Since some places take longer to get to, you may want more time off. I recently traveled to the Indian Ocean and it took 2 full days to get there! I was not going to fly all of that way for only 7 nights. That being said, my HM during my first marriage was 11 nights and my upcoming HM is also my wedding, so I'm going to be gone a total of 16 nights. However, the travel was/is to far away destinations- Tahiti and Australia, respectively.

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    We will be honeymooning for 2 weeks.  Normally we just do 1 week vacations, but we are traveling farther and figure it's a special occasion.  We will also be staying on 2 different islands to break it up (Moorea and Bora Bora).  We are also not leaving until the following weekend after our wedding.....we chose to do this so we could relax and not be rushed before we went away.
  • Options
    We did 15 nights in Italy. I really think  it depends where you're going. If the flight is shorter then a week is fine or even 10 days. Our flight was 15 hours to Europe so the minimum it really made sense to fly all that way was 2 weeks or it just didn't seem worh all the flying for such little time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going for 8 nights
  • Options
    2 weeks
  • Options
    We'll be on our honeymoon for five nights but we're taking a whole week and a half for the wedding- we're getting married on a Wednesday and so we're taking off from the Tues before to the following Wed (FI is due back at work Thursday while I'll still have off from school, perfect time to write "Thank you" notes!) 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
  • Options
    Ours will be 7 nights.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    10 days
  • Options
    We did 12 nights in Fiji.  
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    Ours will be 11 nights (8 nights in St. Martin and 3 in Miami). We are having a destination wedding in Playa del Carmen, Mexico in November and will be gone for 10 days. Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to miss more than 2 weeks of work at a time so we decided to push our honeymoon back four months after the wedding.
  • Options
    11 nights
  • Options
    Ours was 7 in Barbados, and it was more than plenty of time.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • Options

We're doing 10 nights, but splitting it up between three places to avoid boredom, with no more than 5 nights in one place, which I think is prob my absolute max.   But I'm taking over two weeks off from work--wedding is on a Friday, so I'm taking the Thurs before, obviously that Friday, and then the next two full weeks.  Our return flight gets in late Weds night, so I'm just taking Thurs/Fri off to clean, grocery shop, do errandsy things after the craziness of the wedding and being away for a week and a half.  I think it'll be sorta nice to keep the honeymoon going at home for another few days before getting back to reality.

• Options
    I agree, it depends on where you are going.  7 nights is much different if it only takes you 1/2 a day to get there, compared to 2 days straight traveling.

We went to St. Lucia, and we stayed 10 nights (not counting the 2 nights we stayed at hotel airports, once on the way down and once on the way back).

For me, I hate traveling somewhere and then having to pack up on the 6th night - I'm just not ready to go by then.  10 nights was definitely a good amount - wouldn't have wanted to stay less time, wasn't really interested in staying more time.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Our wedding was on a Saturday, so we took a half day on Thursday and all of Friday off before the wedding.

We left the day after the wedding and flew out to Vegas for 2 nights, then on that Tuesday, we rented a car and drove to LA to fly out to Fiji for a week. But, with crossing the international date line, we arrived in Fiji on their Thursday morning. So, we didn't leave until the following Thursday, and got back to the states on Friday. Then, we took off the following Monday as well which was great because it took us a while to get back onto eastern standard time. We were sleeping crazy hours for a few days before we got back into the swing of things.

Thankfully, the 4th of July fell in there, so we had a freebie day instead of using vacation days for everything.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_how-many-nights-was-your-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:1440ec30-3e91-462c-97a9-d6cbe041ed6fPost:24b8b2de-342d-4085-a223-6dcab83c2c32">Re: how many nights was your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of our vacations are a week, including our HM. As for time off for the wedding, we got married on a Saturday, so I took the previous Thrusday and Friday off to prepare.  We honeymooned from Sunday to the following Sunday, and I also took that following Monday off as well to unpack, open gifts, etc.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

This except, except that we HM'ed Mon-Mon and I took off Mon and Tues the week returning from the HM.  I highly recommending taking the one additional day after returning from your HM to have at home before going back to work.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_how-many-nights-was-your-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:1440ec30-3e91-462c-97a9-d6cbe041ed6fPost:f5ea336d-33e2-4262-9561-620f3c5a77f2">Re: how many nights was your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: how many nights was your honeymoon? : This except, except that we HM'ed Mon-Mon and I took off Mon and Tues the week returning from the HM.  I highly recommending taking the one additional day after returning from your HM to have at home before going back to work.
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]
    Same here, only my DH went back to work tues, I went back wed.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Our HM was a week long.  Beyond that, I'd suggest to take at least the day before off of work.  Trust me when I say this as I did not.  You'll not want to be there and your mind will be in 10,000 other places no matter how much you have done ahead of time.
  • Options
    8 nights

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    it was 2 weeks.

• Options
    2 weeks. 5 days on a cruise ship then 8 days in Disneyland. I am also taking the day off before the wedding. We luck out as our honeymoon ends on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend so we have an extra day off.
  • Options
    hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Ours is probably going to be about 10 days.  We are tentatively planning on delaying our honeymoon for a month or so until FI is out of law school for the summer.  We are thinking of leaving on a Friday and coming back the following Sunday.  We are tentatively planning on doing a 7 night cruise out of Venice starting that first Saturday and returning the following Saturday.  That should give us about 3 days total in Venice to explore.  We may end up staying an extra day on either the front or back end - it depends on his internship schedule and the amount of time I can get off/use for the wedding itself.  I will probably be using 2 full days of vacation for the wedding, plus at least 6 days for the honeymoon because it's unlikely we'll be able to go over a holiday.  We're hoping his exam schedule will allow us to leave that Thursday instead of that Friday to get in an extra day, but we don't know yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I took 16 days off from work, we are having a destination wedding so we are driving there the Sunday before the wedding to set up the location and then we are leaving for our HM the Monday after the wedding.  We will arrive home on the Sat or Sun after that...I also took an extra day to get back to my wits and then I will work one day before my normal day off just to get the hang of things again.  Good Luck and have a great HM!!
    Cynthia Finch
  • Options
    5. We were married on a Sunday. I took the previous Friday off, as well as the whole week after the wedding. We didn't leave until Tuesday, though, since we had family in town until Monday.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards