Honeymoon Discussions
Options

RIU Palace VS. Dreams in Cabo San Lucas?

Hi all :)
Has anyone been to either of these two all inclusive resorts? Which would you recommend?
Thanks!!

Re: RIU Palace VS. Dreams in Cabo San Lucas?

• Options
    I stayed at the RIU Palace in Cabo and we loved it! I have not been to the other one though to tell you which one might be better- The RIU hotel was gorgeous, had good food and drinks, and friendly staff. I know one of the reasons we chose to stay there was because that part of the beach is the only swimable part in Cabo so not sure where Dreams is compared to it but that might be something else to think about
  • Options
    Like PP, I've only been to one so I can't compare.  We went to Dreams and absolutely loved it.  It is not on the swimmable beach, though, unlike Riu Palace.  However, we didn't miss the beach at all, and if you really want to get in the water there is a swimmable beach that's a 15-minute walk away.  Dreams arranges a trip there every morning, or you can walk on your own.

My husband is a big beach person, but with the pools and the cabanas he was perfectly content with not being able to go in the water. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I stayed at a RIU in Jamaica, and the only thing I have to say about that place is DISGUSTING!  And it had super high reviews from my TA and from tripadvisor.  All of the RIU's operate at about the same star level and IMO it was awful.  Wearing bracelets, making dinner reservations and being told I can only eat in their "japanese" restaurant once a week was the norm.  No wine selection whatsoever, and the only drinks they wanted to serve at the bars we either red slush or blue slush with rum - gross.  JMO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    FWIW, there are no bracelets or reservations at Dreams. We only had to wait for a table once the whole 10 days we were there, and we opted to just go somewhere else instead.  The free wine selection is fine, but if you're really into wine you may be disappointed.  They have a lage selection to choose from if you're willing to pay for it, though (we didn't bother).  And there are tons of drink options.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards