Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Maui Hotel Recommendations

FI and I are looking for a hotel in Maui for our June honeymoon. I've done a quick search on this board and I've seen Ritz and Four Seasons mentioned a few times, but they are above our budget. We are hoping to find a hotel that will be between $2000-$3000 for 7 days. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maui Hotel Recommendations

• Options
    Our travel agent suggested the Hyatt Regency in Maui.  For four nights, she quoted us around $1300.  We decided on the Royal Laihaina, it's slightly less expensive. hope that helps!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    My husband and I took a trip to Maui this past April with friends and we stayed at the Royal Lahaina.  Although it is in a good location and decent, I wouldn't stay there for a honeymoon.  I would look more at the Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriott, or the Westin.  Most of those hotels have a beachfront walkway that leads to Whaler's Village.  We we stayed at the Royal Lahaina we had to walk through the gold course and past the Sheraton and the other hotels to get there.  At night it gets really dark and the sprinklers come on.  I do suggest staying in Lahaina though.  The Four Seasons is north and about a 30 minute drive to Whaler's Village and 40 minutes to downtown Lahaina.  It is also more windy there and sometimes gets more rain.  There is also Wailea, which is on the southwestern side of Maui that has the Grand Wailea and the Marriott.  It is more expensive there and about an hour away from Lahaina, but it's pretty.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_maui-hotel-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:19a88155-e561-49b8-9124-78cd93eb3ef5Post:c49d8d05-e8c8-4987-b70c-7285978164bf">Re: Maui Hotel Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I took a trip to Maui this past April with friends and we stayed at the Royal Lahaina.  Although it is in a good location and decent, I wouldn't stay there for a honeymoon.  I would look more at the Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriott, or the Westin.  Most of those hotels have a beachfront walkway that leads to Whaler's Village.  We we stayed at the Royal Lahaina we had to walk through the gold course and past the Sheraton and the other hotels to get there.  At night it gets really dark and the sprinklers come on.  I do suggest staying in Lahaina though.  The Four Seasons is north and about a 30 minute drive to Whaler's Village and 40 minutes to downtown Lahaina.  It is also more windy there and sometimes gets more rain.  There is also Wailea, which is on the southwestern side of Maui that has the Grand Wailea and the Marriott.  It is more expensive there and about an hour away from Lahaina, but it's pretty.  
    Posted by jemali_2003[/QUOTE]

FWIW, the Four Seasons is in Wailea, along with the Grand Wailea, Marriott, and Fairmont Kea Lani. It's the Ritz Carlton that is in the north far from things.

• Options
    We stayed at the Westin and I would NOT recommend it. The rooms are tiny, the service was not good (given the price and star rating, we got the service you would expect from a Holiday Inn, not a 4 star property). The Grand Hyatt was much nicer/friendlier. 

FWIW, we did not like Kaanapali. The beach is great, and the snorkeling at the Black Rock is superb. BUT it's a planned tourist community which is just not my cup of tea. Staying next to a bunch of hotels & a mall was not the experience I was hoping for, but I know many visitors prefer the convenience. 

I preferred South Maui.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your suggestion, I'll make sure to look at the hotels you've mentioned!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd do a couple of nights in Hana at the Travaasa followed by some time at the Hyatt.
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_maui-hotel-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:19a88155-e561-49b8-9124-78cd93eb3ef5Post:c49d8d05-e8c8-4987-b70c-7285978164bf">Re: Maui Hotel Recommendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I took a trip to Maui this past April with friends and we stayed at the Royal Lahaina.  Although it is in a good location and decent, I wouldn't stay there for a honeymoon.  I would look more at the Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriott, or the Westin. 
    Posted by jemali_2003[/QUOTE]

<div>My husband and I also stayed at the Royal Lahaina for our honeymoon in July.  It was nice and we liked it, but I agree that it wasn't the best place to stay for a honeymoon.  You can tell by looking around at some of the other places in the area that they are nicer and are geared more towards honeymooners.  We enjoyed our stay, but I felt like it could've been better.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon from October 14-27 (Oahu and Maui) and we stayed at the Hyatt on both islands. I cannot recommend them enough! The Hyatt Regency Maui is stunning. The staff is incredibly friendly & helpful, the view is spectacular, the food is amazing, & it was within our budget. We went through Costco Travel and managed to save quite a bit of money. My husband and I fell in love with Hawaii, especially Maui- we didn't want to leave. Have a great time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards