Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Bora Bora honeymoon?

We're tossing it around... how is it in May? any ideas? tips? not sure what kind of bill it will rack up either...

Re: Bora Bora honeymoon?

• Options
    I haven't been to Bora Bora, but DH and I honeymooned in Fiji late June into July and the weather was perfect. It's their "winter" when it's our summer, but their winter means more it's low to mid 80's so it's not scorchingly hot out, and it's their dry season so it doesn't rain nearly as much as it does during their "summer" and our winter. You should have great weather if you go in May, as far as the price be prepared to spend between $7k-$15k or maybe even more depending on how long you're there, where you stay, what type of room, etc... most of the resorts in the South Pacific are Mostly Inclusive which means all meals and most activities are included but alcohol is extra. We booked through South Seas Adventures:

http://www.south-seas-adventures.com/travel-agents-wholesale.php
  • Options
    I was looking into Bora Bora originally but it looked like we were going to end up spending about 16k we didn't have. So we ended up booking a HM to Fiji! It's the same kind of exclusivity at about half the cost. I would look into it if you are looking for options. I also booked with South Seas Adventures
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good call! Fiance mentioned Fiji but we read something about the military junta that governs it and got nervous... I will have to check out the south seas people! I looked into Classic Vacations too (they are having a rue la la special for 7 nights for around $3500 for two people). I like the idea of island hopping--seeing a little of moorea and tahiti too... hmmm. SO MANY CHOICES! WE were hoping to keep the honeymoon at $5000ish but it seems like it'll be more $5000-10000 min. 
  • Options
    girlinchicagogirlinchicago member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Another rec for Fiji!  It's much less expensive than Bora Bora and you can still island hop and split your stay between two resorts.  SummerKutie gave great advice.  The ruelala deal is a good one, though note that it doesn't cover any taxes, gratuities, meals, etc.  and doesn't include over the water bungalows with the lower priced, 7 night package.  With the money we saved by going to Fiji, we were able to get helicopter transfers, more massages :), excursions, and other little extras.  Fiji's outer islands are still absolutely gorgeous and we couldn't have been happier with our honeymoon.

Not sure if you ever post on Trip Advisor, but their Fiji board is very active and they'd for sure be able to help you find a hotel or hotels that fits your criteria and budget.  There are plenty of hm focused, adults-only, food and some drinks inclusive resorts.  GL!
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    We went to Bora Bora in August, so I'm not sure about May. However, it was super expensive. Our trip was double what a pp mentioned (but we flew first class). It is not a place that you can go to for 2 weeks. There isn't much to do. It is great for relaxing. DH and I both read 3 books each. We broke our trip up between Moorea, Bora Bora, and Los Angeles (we're from the east coast).

However, it is absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. We liked Bora Bora MUCH better than Moorea.  
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards