Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Underwater Hotels??

Who has been to one? Are they absolutely amazing?! My FI is so stuck on going to one of these darn things!! lol

Re: Underwater Hotels??

• Options
    I've never even heard of them, but I'll be googling ASAP!
  • Options
    That is amazing!  I'd never seen this before.  I guess I'd say just to make sure you're not claustrophic!
  • Options
    Wow, I'd never heard of them and did a quick Google search.  Crazy!
  • Options
    I love the idea of this. And also that it reminds me of SeaQuest. If you go, you'll definitely ahve to come back and tell us about it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Poseidon starts at $30k a night and I think there's a three or four year waiting list. Someone in my tourism class did a project on it, underwater hotels in general are ridiculously expensive.
  • Options
    Holy cow that looks cool!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_underwater-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:2581b618-aa97-45c4-987d-73fd0ee8e395Post:d3188e40-be4f-4172-b11a-59e2cb2cc1dd">Re: Underwater Hotels??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poseidon starts at $30k a night and I think there's a three or four year waiting list. Someone in my tourism class did a project on it, underwater hotels in general are ridiculously expensive.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

OMG!  That's some serious denero!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    I've only heard of the Poisideon one. And yes.. it is a TON of money!
  • Options
    Am I the only one slightly creeped/freaked out by these places?? I was looking on the Poseidon site, and DH asked me what I was looking at, so I explained, and all he could say was, "What?!? So its at the bottom of the ocean? That's so inconvenient!"....LOL. I have to agree...then again, I'm not much of a swimmer soooo....
  • Options
    Yes.. Poseidon is ridiculous! I think that's the one he looked at but there were some less expensives ones (1K a night?) but that is still RIDICULOUS! If I do hit the lottery, I will go and come back and tell you all about it! lol
  • Options
    I've never heard of this, but I SOOOOOOOO want to go to one!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_underwater-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:2581b618-aa97-45c4-987d-73fd0ee8e395Post:d3188e40-be4f-4172-b11a-59e2cb2cc1dd">Re: Underwater Hotels??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poseidon starts at <strong>$30k a night</strong> and I think there's a three or four year waiting list. Someone in my tourism class did a project on it, underwater hotels in general are ridiculously expensive.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

It says on the site (<a href="http://www.poseidonresorts.com/poseidon_main.html">clicky</a>) that it is 30K a week. And it is an AI stay. Still outrageous... but sounds better, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As a scuba diver I love these and would love to stay in one... if only they weren't so expensive.  The main reason they are so expensive is because it is underwater so everything else needs to be transported there as well.  Plus, maintaining oxygen levels, pressure, and the buildings are expensive.
  • Options
    Only one I had ever heard of was Hydropolis in Dubai; interesting that there are so many others.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards