Honeymoon Discussions

Room with private pool- in our budget?

Hey all, I am looking for an AI with a private hot tub or one of those smaller pools in your suite (or right outside it)- Sandals has them, not sure of other places. Are these really all going to be over 10,000 for a week?
I don't have an exact location yet, but somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico... I know this might seem like a strange question, but I'm thinking some of you ladies might be able to help me out... Thanks!
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Room with private pool- in our budget?

• Some of them are ridiculous! I really wanted a swim up suite at Sandals Negril, but it was $7500 for a week without airfare!

I would say try Mexico or P*nta Cana. Those are some of the cheapest places. (personally, I wouldn't go to Mexico in the near future, but that's just me.) I think there was a room at the Excellence in PC that I saw that had a private rooftop balcony and hot tub.
    Anniversary
  • I'm lookig at Secrets Maroma.....look in the Riviera Maya/ Cancun area. I use allinclusiveoutlet.com ; resortvacationstogo.com ; and cheapcarribean.com
  • thats exactly what i have been looking for! i really want a hot tub in my room or on the balcony..right now the front runners for my fiance & i are Excellence Playa Mujeres & Excellence Cancun...prices are much better than Sandals as well!
  • We honeymooned at Excellence Playa Mujeres. All rooms have an indoor/outdoor hot tub. They are amazing. We paid $2400 for room and flight for 2.  They do have rooftop terrace suites with a private plunge pool. I think I remember it being about $1000 more for the week.
  • edited September 2010
    Here are a few other, smaller resorts to look into.  All have rooms/cottages with a private plunge pools and I believe they have all inclusive options:

Jalousie Plantation, St. Lucia: http://www.jalousieplantation.com/

Ti Kaye Village, St. Lucia: http://www.tikaye.com/

Hotel Puunta Islita, Costa Rica: http://www.hotelpuntaislita.com/
    weddingcollage
  • The Excellence resorts mentioned above are great resorts and definitely worth looking into. Also check out the Eldorado Royal in Mexico, it's stunning and they have many categories with mini pools, jacuzzis, etc. If you can get a sale for that property, it would be perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Has anyone been to the Costa Rica resort in June? I am so worried about bugs and humidity!!!
  • We're looking at Galley Bay resort in Antigua for our honeymoon next April. We've read some really good reviews, and you can get your own little cottage with its own plunge pool. Sounds very secluded and definitely won't run you 10,000 for the week!
  • Also in Antigua, Sugar Ridge is a pretty new hotel and half of the rooms have their own plunge pools:
    http://www.sugarridgeantigua.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a swim-up pool and hot tub for our HM.  We're staying at Secrets Maroma in Riveria Maya, Mexico.

For 7 nights, 8 days, we paid $3900 total through a TA which included: flight, trip, travel insurance, price insurance (we paid something like $50 for this, but the price dropped $300/person after we booked and we got that money back), and private transport from airport.
  • We stayed in one at Sandals in St. Lucia. **On sale, they run about 1,600-1,800 a night.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i stayed at sugar ridge antigua this past Feb...was really nice; although we opted for the room without the plunge pool...
  • Thanks so much everyone!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  •  Excellence Playa Mujeres
  • The Palace Resorts in Mexico have jacuzzi's in all there rooms. We just got back from the Sun Palace about a week ago. The hotels are really nice, and to have a jacuzzi standard in your room is pretty cool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards