Honeymoon Discussions

Help me dress for my honeymoon!

Hi ladies!

For our honeymoon, we are going to Disney World/Universal Studios. This will be the middle of July, so it's going to be hot, and I'm trying to figure out how I can dress comfortably for a theme park but still look cute. I've always imagined the "honeymoon wardrobe" of resort wear, etc... so this isn't really what I was expecting to pack for.

It's also been 10 years since I've visited Disney, and I can't remember if it was necessary to wear a swimsuit under my clothes or not. I've been looking for a pair of lightweight shorts that are flattering and comfortable enough to wear all day while going on rides, etc. I'm not a fan of jean shorts.

I'm also looking for a pair of cute sandals that I can strap around my ankles or something, because I know at the Six Flags I was at a few months ago, they didn't allow flip flops on rides.

If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, they would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help me dress for my honeymoon!

• I would go for shoes that are comfortable. There is a LOT of walking. I have worm flipflops on rides there, but don't recommend them for all day walking.
    I have never worn a bathing suit under my clothes while there, but we have never gone to the water parks.
    It will be hot, be sure to hydrate. I know that's not clothing related, but I find it to be almost as important!
  • There is a lot of walking involved so I would recommend sneakers.  Also there are only 1 or 2 water rides and you don't get soaked so a bathing suite is not necessary.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There's no need to wear a bathing suit under your clothes for the theme parks, however since it'll be July it's going to be so hot you're going to wish you were at the water parks! I highly suggest doing the park hopper pass at Disney that will let you do a theme park and water park in the same day. You can start out your day at say Magic Kingdom, then hop on over to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach during the hottest hours of the day, and return for the parade and fireworks that evening at Magic Kingdom.

We also love Aquatica which is Sea World's water park. I think it's only about $40 per person for the day there, definitely worth every penny!

As far as dressing for the parks, I would definitely wear comfortable shoes since you'll be doing A LOT of walking. As tempting as it is to wear a sundress since it'll be so hot out, I'd stick to shorts and a tank top during the day since you'll want to be wearing shorts for getting in and out of the rides (there really is no lady like way to do this lol) and wear some nice comfy sundresses at night for dinner and nightlife.

Make sure you wear sunscreen and stay hydrated as well. HTH!
  • Thanks, ladies! This is helpful :)
  • ditto what the others have said. Stay away from dresses and skirts during the day, getting in and out of rides is absolutely a concern, haha!

I absolutely love the waterparks at Disney.  I think Blizzard Beach is my favorite....but they are all fun.  People don't always realize how great they are.  It would be fun to snuggle on a watertube ride with your new hubbie on your honeymoon, so I would definitely look into it!

Bring sexier clothes in case you guys decide to go out on the town in the evenings. Downtown DIsney can be a lot of fun!

If you don't want to wear tennis shoes, I love my Sperry Top Siders and can walk for ages in them (Plus: if it rains or you go on a water ride, the traditional leather ones are meant to get a little wet, since they are boat shoes). 
  • jcrew has my fave shorts.
    i wore flip flops walking around disney for days. it's what i'm most comfortable in. that's up to you. i also love my converse all stars.

• Just make sure you wear good walking shoes (I always wear flip flops, but my feet are so used to them that they are classified as good walking shoes to me), sunscreen, and a hat. I wear dresses to Disney all the time -- as long as they're not super short you'll be fine getting in/out of rides. Definitely don't worry about a bathing suit- not necessary. A lot of people tend to wear them at Universal, but it's not necessary. July will be very hot. Plan to get to the parks early, go back to your hotel around lunch, and come back when it cools down in the evening. Expect it to rain around 4pm every afternoon, but don't worry. Rain comes in fast and leaves just as quick. If any of your days have really rainy forecasts-- make those Disney days. Most of the Disney rides (or a good dea) operate inside so the rain won't ruin your day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards