Honeymoon Discussions

Xplor

Fiance and I are going to Cancun for our honeymoon this July.  We have been looking into various excursions and Xplor stands out to us.  Have any of you ever been?  If so, was it worth the money?  In your experience, is it better to book excursions online ahead of time, or at the hotel?  Thanks so much!

Re: Xplor

• In Response to Re:Xplor:[QUOTE]Fiance and I are going to Cancun for our honeymoon this July.nbsp; We have been looking into various excursions and Xplor stands out to us.nbsp; Have any of you ever been?nbsp; If so, was it worth the money?nbsp; In your experience, is it better to book excursions online ahead of time, or at the hotel?nbsp; Thanks so much! Posted by brilibby4[/QUOTE]

I LOVE THAT YOU POSTED THIS!!!!! We leave for Cancun June 11 and xplor is exactly what we're wanting to do also!!! Can't wait to read more responses!
  • Yesss! We went to Zplor and it was awesome. We loved it.

They have a ton of zip lines and the other stuff there is all very fun. The underwater cavern is a bit boring but worth doing and the drive in the dune buggy thing is also very fun. But the caves are kind of creepy when you go through them!

I will see if I can post some of my pictures...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/33695_467589131457_569151457_6783534_4293166_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/33608_467590456457_5191737_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/60377_467590261457_569151457_6783595_5840097_n.jpg

I dragged those off of facebook so I hope they work. We didn't bring the camera when we went zip lining because you aren't supposed to have things that can fall. haha.

• Your pictures look great, thanks for sharing!  I'm getting very excited because the Trip Advisor reviews look awesome too.
  • Hi! We did a zipline, rapelling, Tulum and swim in the cenotes tour through Xplor. It was totally worth it and we had a blast. We researched online but heard that you could get the same price or better while at the resort, and we did. They definitely will seek you out once at the resort and you shouldn't have a problem getting info once there. I think we paid $70 or $80pp and that had everything included....transportation, lunch, etc...good luck!!

Laura 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We did Xplor and we were not impressed for the $225 total it cost us to go (which included transportation and food).

It was a day-long excursion and by 1pm we'd done everything at least once and the bus wasn't schedule to leave until 5pm.  We would have been better off just taking a cab back to our resort.  The food wasn't impressive at all;  overall the experience was fun and different, but if we had an option to re-do it, we would have chose something else. 

I have a bit more of a review in my Ms. Bio under Honeymoon
  • Thanks for the responses ladies!  I think we might wait and book at the resort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards