Honeymoon Discussions

Thailand

We are going to Thailand for 10 days for our honeymoon in September, we are planning a few days in Bangkok, a few along the river and 3 at a beach area. Any tips on great things to do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thailand

• Definitely see the Royal Palace and the reclining Buddha.  I'd skip the Jim Thompson house. 

Where along the river?

How much of a beach person are you?  If you aren't a dedicated beach bum, I'd skip Phuket and Samui and instead stay closer to Bangkok and go to Hua Hin for a few days.  Then instead of staying on the river, fly up to Chiang Mai and go ride elephants in the jungle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_thailand-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:3a36c430-1fd5-49db-b154-023dfd7777faPost:efdac7d7-35d7-461f-809a-2e88ff080018">Thailand</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to Thailand for 10 days for our honeymoon in September, we are planning a few days in Bangkok, a few along the river and 3 at a beach area. Any tips on great things to do?
    Posted by orangemell2012[/QUOTE]

In Bangkok go see the Golden Budha and we did a day trip to see the tiger temple and floating market which was one of the highlights of our month long trip. Like the PP,where along the river are you going and also what beach area? That will help us suggest things to do!
    Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I highly recommend contacting Tour with Tong. We did two full days of touring and our guide was phenomenal so sweet, efficient, excited to show us new things, buying us little treats to eat and telling us all about Thai history and culture. We did one day of Bangkok sites by public transportation; the next day, we went to a railway market, a floating market, and a fishing village. Where else are you going. Do you know where you're staying? Thailand is my absolute favorite place I've ever visited. I have lots of recs! :
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Me and 2 of my girlfriends spent 5 days on Koh Samui.  It was fantastic.  We rented scooters and toured ourselves around the island.  We took a few trips, elephant rides, went kayaking in the National Marine Part, and saw some Muay Thai boxing.  Then at night we'd just relax on the beach with dinner and drinks.  Best trip ever.  I wish I could get FI to go there for our honemoon.
  • We're going in August to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Koh Phangan. Definitely going to take some cooking classes, visit elephants, markets, and temples, and spend some time on the beach. Be sure to look at some weather patterns - there are opposing monsoon seasons in different areas of the country.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards