Honeymoon Discussions

Maui Hotel?

Hi I really need advice on where to stay in Maui, if you have any recommendations that would be great!
We were first looking at staying on the south side but I think we've changed our mind after looking at reviews and want to stay central or on the west side.
Any good hotels?
thanks so much :)

Re: Maui Hotel?

• I really liked the Lahaina/Ka'anapali area on Maui.  Lots of great hotels, restaurants, activities, etc.
    Anniversary
  • We loved the Fairmont Kea Lani in the Waimea area of Maui.
  • We stayed in the south side (Wailea) at the Marriott.
    I liked the area but it is more quiet. If you prefer more things to do around the hotel, then the West (Lahaina/Kaanapali) area would probably be better.
  • The Four Seasons Maui at Wailea is by far and wide the best spot on the island.  You get the chill environment of their resort - and their incredible food, and if you're looking for cheesy fun - head next door to the Grand Wailea for the afternoon (tons of kids though...beware!)  The lobby lounge is always busy at night and the cabanas are reserve-able.  The concierge is kind enough to do whatever for you so you never have to leave the resort (like bringing me my morning jamba from an offsite jamba juice)!

Good luck - have fun!
  • I'm a west side girl, we have a place in Kahana which I love, but it does have more of a residential feel.  Kaanapali is very resort-y if you're looking to be able to walk from tiki bar to tiki bar, plus it's pretty much all oceanfront.  Lahaina is great for hanging out, but I personally would never want to stay there just because it is SOO busy with people (especially cruises).  Enjoy your travels, you pretty much can't go wrong anywhere on the island!  I get excited just thinking about that place :)
  • Second the Sheraton on Kaanapali Beach if you are looking to stay in that area.  
    imageAnniversary
  • I don't like the West side. I loved Hana and I loved the South side. We got married there and did the whole island. If you want to read my reviews of the entire trip and everywhere we stayed they are in my Married Bio. I am a HUGE fan of the Travaasa Hana hotel and the Makena Beach and Golf Resort.

I do recommend hotel hopping and seeing the whole island!
  • We stayed at Kahana Village in 2009 and loved it.  I prefer something more private to staying a resort, but that's completely personal preference.  Also I LOVED Maui it was very easy to get around.  Our favorite thing to do was the road to Hana, but beware that it did kill a whole day of our trip. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards