Honeymoon Discussions

Bermuda or Puerto Rico

My fiance and I are trying to pick the honeymoon destination for our June wedding. Right now, we're between Bermuda and Puerto Rico. I've heard wonderful things about both, and it's difficult to decide! I don't imagine we'll be doing a lot of travel like that for a while after we're married... anyway, I'm drawn to Puerto Rico for the diversity of activity and the frugal price, but Bermuda seems awesome (and the pink sand! I want to see it!) Any suggestions? Has anyone been to both places?

Re: Bermuda or Puerto Rico

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We married in Bermuda.  My husband adores Puerto Rico. 

I can't choose for you, but I will say this: Bermuda is expensive.  If price is a concern, I'd go to Puerto Rico and have a blast.  Both places are supposed to be wonderful.  I wish I could compare them, but I haven't been to Puerto Rico yet, but we're going on in June for a wedding!

If you want to see some pics from Bermuda and see what we did while we were there, you can check out my married bio (link in siggy).
  • I've been to both Bermuda and Puerto Rico and I had a great time in each place.  I would definitely go back to either place.  I personally prefer Bermuda if I had to choose between the two.  We actually would've loved to go there for our HM, but it will be too cold there in November.

Joy2611 is correct about Bermuda being expensive.  If you end up choosing Bermuda and it's outside of your budget, I recommend a cruise.  I visited Bermuda twice via cruise.  It's nice because you're docked there the entire time and you can actually enjoy yourselves all day and night rather than having to rush back to the ship to leave for the next port.  Royal Caribbean has Bermuda cruises that leave out of New York and New Jersey.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been to both, and we enjoyed both places, but I would choose Bermuda! There was just something about it that made us feel more romantic then we did when we went to Puerot Rico...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Puerto Rico. LOVE IT!
    June 16, 2012
  • Ive been to both places and had a great time at both, but I would definitely recommend Puerto Rico.  There is so much more to do there than in Bermuda.  Like someone else said, there's the beaches, rainforest and so much more diversity when it comes to activities.   I also highly recomment going on a nighttime kayaking trip to the bioluminescence bay in Vieques in Puerto Rico.  It was awesome!
  • FI and I are going to Bermuda this June for our honeymoon.  We just want to relax on the beautiful pink sand beaches and enjoy the scenery.  We're not into clubs and night life, but we might try snorkeling.  What do you like to do on vacation?  If you want to relax, I'd say Bermuda.  If you want to be active, I'd say Puerto Rico.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Puerto Rico is amazing! If you go there, stay at http://www.laconcharesort.com

They have lots of different room options including ocean-views with large balconies and private hot tubs. Oh la la!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards