Honeymoon Discussions
Options

***Jells***

Fingers crossed that you are still hanging around over here...

First off, in case I never circled back, we loved Lizard Island so thanks for bringing that to my attention a while back.  Snorkeling was incredible - I though the rooms needed to be updated but everything else was awesome.  Food was so good I still dream about it!

Now H and I are thinking about tacking 5 nights in the Seychelles onto a safari in Africa this September, and if I recall correctly, you've been.

Would you recommend it?  If we were going for just five nights, would sticking to Mahe be a mistake?  Should we try to make it to another island?  Any resorts that you've really loved?  What do you do there?  We're not just lay on the beach and relax people, so we're going to want to snorkel, hike, explore a bit as well.

Thanks for any advice you can provide! 
Vacation

Re: ***Jells***

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Hey! I am still here :)

We stayed in the Seycelles in September 2011 and it seems forever ago. We actually just uploaded our pics last night and hope to be going back soon. We stayed 2 nights on Mahe and 4 nights on Denis Private Island, which we absolutely loved. If you want to be on the go (opposite of me! LOL) then I'd recommend Mahe or Praslin. We are hoping to stay on Praslin when we go back because while Mahe was nice, Praslin seemed a little more picturesque and less crowded. I stayed at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove and was a bit disappointed in the setting. I looked into the Four Seasons and heard a lot about children there, so I didn't want to deal wth that. I would think that or the Banyan Tree would be a good choice, or Raffles on Praslin.

We also uploaded our Lizard Island pics last night as well. We are so desperate to head back there. We're already booked up and out of vacation time this year, so hopefully next year :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_jells-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:3e0adec3-f7ac-43d6-8095-19421c693ff6Post:13421ad2-3f1e-48e6-ae27-c4b74eb3e03f">Re: ***Jells***</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey! I am still here :) We stayed in the Seycelles in September 2011 and it seems forever ago. We actually just uploaded our pics last night and hope to be going back soon. We stayed 2 nights on Mahe and 4 nights on Denis Private Island, which we absolutely loved. If you want to be on the go (opposite of me! LOL) then I'd recommend Mahe or Praslin. We are hoping to stay on Praslin when we go back because while Mahe was nice, Praslin seemed a little more picturesque and less crowded. I stayed at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove and was a bit disappointed in the setting. I looked into the Four Seasons and heard a lot about children there, so I didn't want to deal wth that. I would think that or the Banyan Tree would be a good choice, or Raffles on Praslin. We also uploaded our Lizard Island pics last night as well. We are so desperate to head back there. We're already booked up and out of vacation time this year, so hopefully next year :)
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

I know I'm 2+ weeks late in responding, but that's because I was waiting to figure out what we're doing in the Seychelles before I came back to properly thank you.  We decided - after much agonizing - to do four nights on Praslin, since it seems to be better located for a lot of stuff (like visiting La Digue, going to Curiuese, snorkeling off Coco, etc.) than Mahe does.  It also seems to have better beaches, so we're doing 4 nights at Raffles and 1 night at FS on Mahe before our early-morning flight out.  Thank you so much for your advice!  And while I'm sure you're good on travel agents and planning trips, the guy I'm working with now has really impressed me with pricing and coordination so if you ever need a recommendation for an agent, let me know (or just look on Conde Nast Traveler's website - I found him there)!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards