Honeymoon Discussions

Breezes Help

Okay ladies, I realllllly need your help right now.  I've pondered over this for a few days now and FH and I are unsure of what to do so I'm asking for your help.
We were planning on booking Breezes Runaway Bay yesterday for our honeymoon in August.  We learned that Breezes Runaway Bay is being purchased by The Jewel in June.  A friend of mine is a travel agent and she said that since it's being bought they can't guarantee everythings going to be the same as advertised.  I contacted Breezes and they said so far The Jewel just plans to chage the name and that's it.  

However, I started looking into Breezes Grand Negril and it seems like there's more nudity there (not sure what I think of that lol) and they don't have a "swim up bar". (FH and I have never been to an all inclusive resort and were looking forward to little things like that). 

My friend that's a travel agent suggested "Couples Negril" for only 6 days which would be about the same prices as Breezes. 

I'm not sure what to do.  Whether I should just book Breezes Runaway Bay and "wing it".  Or change resorts.  Has anyone been to any of these resorts that could offer some advice to me?

Thank you!!

Photobucket

Re: Breezes Help

• I've only been to Breezes Curacao, and there were lots of kids.  Do you mind that on your honeymoon?  

Also, never been to any Couples resorts, but I quickly peeked at their website and it looks nice!   If I had to pick between the 2, I think I'd do Couples.  Just my opinion.  :)  Hopefully some people who have been to each can provide their thoughts.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_breezes-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:3ebea423-94c8-4799-91d4-a92721b5f5a7Post:8aef1b7e-7fd5-4bac-8110-6bd7f53c5aa5">Re: Breezes Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only been to Breezes Curacao, and there were lots of kids.  Do you mind that on your honeymoon?   Also, never been to any Couples resorts, but I quickly peeked at their website and it looks nice!   If I had to pick between the 2, I think I'd do Couples.  Just my opinion.  :)  Hopefully some people who have been to each can provide their thoughts.
    Posted by MrsMeganL2012[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting!  All three of the resorts in mind are for adults only so I wouldn't have to worry about children.  It's just a hard decision to make.
    Photobucket
  • I've been to Couples Negril and it was great.  Plenty of food selections and a great beach.  Plus they have a lot of activities like snorkeling, a group catamaran cruise (or booze cruise, as they called it), scuba, kayaking, etc.  They also have a swim up bar that is right next to the beach.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_breezes-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:3ebea423-94c8-4799-91d4-a92721b5f5a7Post:73ac102e-893e-45a1-aee8-48719e2da038">Re: Breezes Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Breezes Help : Thanks for posting!  All three of the resorts in mind are for adults only so I wouldn't have to worry about children.  It's just a hard decision to make.
    Posted by haleyrae7[/QUOTE]

Oops, my fault!  Breezes Curacao had kids and I just assumed they all did.  Good luck with your decision....I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time no matter where you go!  :)
  • My mom and aunt have been to both of those Breezes properties. According to my mom, the resorts were "decent" but definitely not anywhere to go for a honeymoon. The only reason they picked the resorts was because they were traveling with some ladies who didn't have a large budget and they were able to book at a significant discount. Between Couples and Breezes, I'd definitely choose Couples.

• I went to Breezes Runaway Bay in 2007.  I've been to the Caribbean a half dozen times, but we dont really do AI. I thought the food was very good, the beach was clean, saw some topless people but not much, the staff was very nice, and the drinks were good.  This was 5 years ago, but I enjoyed myself and think it would be great for a honeymoon.

My sister went to Couples.  They enjoyed it, I don't have much details on it, but I know they weren't lucky in the weather department when they were there.

My fiance had been to Negril for spring break years before, and he said he really preferred the Runaway Bay/Ocho Rios area. Negril is a lot busier, even if it is not spring break.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards